PDA

View Full Version : Edison Lake 6-21 thru 6-24

fishon18
06-24-2007, 09:15 PM
Hello Gang,

I had the chance to fish with a few buddies, I have not been to the lake since 1985, so it seemed all new to me. I actually forgot how long a ride it is to get to the lake >:( Started off by loading the boats up with the camping gear and heading across the lake to make camp in the tree line. Hot during the day, and cool during the evening but had a good time.

The fishing was decent at best, we managed to catch Browns/ Rainbows all day long but very few with size. My approach was top lining rapala's early, and downrigging to 20-25' during the mid day troll. Marked all kinds of fish especially towards the mono creek inlet?

The scenery was killer, good company and it felt good to just get away. After the final count, my boat had 20+ rainbows (12-16in) and one brown that went 21in and just a bit over 2lbs. The lake is at 45% capacity, and it was like going through land mines (boulders) to get back to camp, so please be careful if your headed that way. Take care

Fishon18

mtalley
06-25-2007, 05:52 AM
Thanks for the report. I love that lake but it can be hard to fish some times.

fishon_chris
06-25-2007, 06:14 AM
Well Scott I hope some of my tips helped that lake can be tough sometimes sounds like you had fun and cought some nice fish.

Chris

JoeTech
06-25-2007, 11:29 AM
Scott - Glad you had a great time. That lake has always been a fav of mine. I havnet been up there ever since I got the new boat. :-/. Anyhow thanks for the report.

Joe

dave53
06-25-2007, 10:12 PM
Sounds nice. Did you have to reserve a campsite or can you just camp where you like? I looked on the USFD site and only saw a reference to reservations at two campgrounds. Thanks, Dave

fresnofshfan
06-26-2007, 08:19 AM
I went last year after Labor day and it was a ghost town. Camped right by the lake and had a great time!! Really have to take your time or you will jack up your boat. I like to take breaks. Forebay is a nice place to crack a beer and have a sammy to break up the crappy road.

FFF

Ironhead
06-26-2007, 04:05 PM
Scott,

Glad you had a successful trip. That lake can be a tough one to get results out of, unless you are looking for a bent prop. So did the last 20 miles going in bring back the memories?

Ironhead

Silver_Hilton
06-27-2007, 10:44 AM
I actually forgot how long a ride it is to get to the lake >:(

How long is the drive to Edison without a boat/trailer from a major artery (I-99) or city (Fresno?) driving at a relaxed pace? I'd like to check this lake out.

JoeTech
06-27-2007, 11:25 AM
From the city of Fresno I would say its about a 3 hour drive. The last hour is on a 1 lane road that takes a while but really isn't that far just slow driving.

Joe