PDA

View Full Version : sugarpine?

cfish
06-26-2007, 08:12 PM
Anybody been to sugarpine lately? Any info would be great maybe spots baits to use. Also will they still hit rooster tails/kasmasters from off the shore?

thanks
cfish

popspleasure
06-27-2007, 08:37 AM
Anybody been to sugarpine lately? Any info would be great maybe spots baits to use. Also will they still hit rooster tails/kasmasters from off the shore?

thanks
cfish

cfish - *we trolled SugarPine last weekend for 4 planters and 3 lost fish. *DFG *stocked the lake 2 weeks ago. We really couldn't tell by how many fish were being caught. *There were only a handful of trollers and just a few bankies bait fishing on the south side of the boat ramp. *Not sure what bait was working. *Most trollers were using different brand trolls on lead core line or with downriggers. *We used sling blades with chartreuse cripplures, stacking at 35ft and 15ft. *The surface temp was 72.5 *- If you're trolling, I would suggest an oval pattern starting at the boat ramp, heading north and circle back towards the dam and come close the shore on the south side back towards the boat ramp. *If nothing happening there, start mowing the lawn back and forth from the south end toward the north and back. *I suspect that most of the trout are scattered to a favorite holding spot by now. *We marked small schools of fish near the middle of the lake down about 60 ft. *Keep in mind, there are black bass lurking in the waters also. *I'll be there Sunday thru Tuesday, looking for dinner. *

Good Luck

-Pops

popspleasure
06-27-2007, 10:15 AM
Roger that, Squid. * I, too, was there 2 days after the initial plant in May. * While they have posted a "no fishing from the dock" sign, it appears that a lot of families take the opportunity to get away from the crowds and fish the snot out of the lake, not knowing a whole lot about catch and release protocol. *Being a put-and-take lake, DFG expects 50% of the plant to be caught within the first week *:-[ *Oh well, we were all newbies once. *Education is the key.

-Pops

cfish
06-27-2007, 10:34 AM
thanks for the info guys. ill be bankin. seein as the temperature of the water is 72 i dont think ill be able to get any with the old kastmaster. i was hopin id get one cruisin alone. as for the bass did you see anybody catchin? id really like to find some smallies. as for the guy in the blue ford theirs always karma. thanks again for the help