PDA

View Full Version : Ice House & Union Valley

Capt._Thurzday
05-22-2007, 07:59 PM
Anyone been out there as of late? I'm looking for some information since I will be there this weekend. Anything helps, Thanks in advance.

Captain_Morgan
05-22-2007, 08:45 PM
Dang ! * I thought you were posting a report. :(

Gill Collector
05-22-2007, 09:09 PM
I guess you got "hooked" eh Capt! ;D ;D

Hey, I'm going to Pyramid on 6/21, that's the solstice! Hope to see you then.

ML_Placerville
05-23-2007, 06:55 AM
Check my reply post to Squid on the Kokanee board. Fished at UVR on Monday, but got skunked. Had one pole with a dodger and 1/2 worm to try for a few trout. Got struck once, but didn't take. No action at all for Macs or kokes.

Don
05-23-2007, 07:00 AM
No report, But if you camp Ice House you can fish it in the evening. The EARLY morning bus on up to U.V. Then you are back to camp for evening fishing at I.H. That worked good for us.

At U.V. last year lots of KOK. in the middle to the left when you leave the ramp. I know that was last year, but maybe a starting point.

GOOD LUCK Don

notenufffishn
05-23-2007, 08:14 AM
I was up there about ten days ago and did pretty good with a woolie bugger in black, all browns with lots of double hook ups.Hit one of the local fly shops and ask them what to tie on as tandem. I have some that tie onto the back but I have no idea what they are called.
I troll them with sinking fly line or a split shot and spinning reel. If you aren't having any luck in the main body hit it where the water comes in. Dpeending on the size of your boat you can get right up the river and they seem to really school there.

jtk25
05-23-2007, 09:51 AM
From what I've read on the boards Ice House has been pretty slow. I fished it off the bank last week and didn't get a bite. I did see a few on a stringer right where the water was coming in. I would try trolling the arms and off points in the top 10 feet of water with a crawler, it always seems to work for a fish or two there even when its slow.
UV I think is a little better. I've seen some reports of kokes staring to show. The macks are always a sleeper. Last year at this time the pump house was producing trout in the top 20 feet of water.
Loon is now open and always is worth a try if your up in the area. Good luck this weekend.

Capt._Thurzday
05-23-2007, 07:31 PM
Thanks for all the info I'll try to post a report Monday when I get home.

Capt._Thurzday
05-29-2007, 07:22 AM
Ok here's the report.

UVR I fished Sunday morning started the from Jones creek pulling mini crawlers behind Ford fenders and Half fast's along the south side to the dam. Got skunked. Everyone I passed, wasn't having much luck either.

Ice House Saturday and Sunday I got a few good strikes trolling worms behind chrome Ford fenders and Half fast's around the dam from 5pm to 8pm. but Just couldn't make them stick. There were a few people who had fish (no limits), browns in the feeder creek and bows in the main body from the dam to the d**e near the second camp ground. A kid from the bank caught a 20'' brown between day use and camp ground about sunset. Saw lots of top water action at sunset as I was taking the boat out.

I be returning to Ice house soon, stay tuned.

Captain_Morgan
05-29-2007, 09:59 AM
Thanks for the report. ;) Did you happen to hear anyone catching kokes? I'm going to check the koke board also.