PDA

View Full Version : Caples Lake

jigmaster
05-20-2007, 03:44 PM
has anyone fished from shore lately. I was supposed to hit ice house on monday but may be headed out to caples instead. Any info would be great.

rinoshita
05-20-2007, 04:00 PM
I fished caples from the shore on thursday may 24th and didn't get a bite. *I was fishing from the spillway using a kastmaster. *after about an hour and half on nothing, i headed up to red lake and caught 2 small brookies. *on the way home, i stopped at silver lake and caught 2 planters from the dam. *hope this helps you.

atavuss
05-20-2007, 09:13 PM
saw an older man last sunday walking up from the spillway with what looked like a full stringer of fish, no idea what he was using.

cynnate
05-21-2007, 06:35 AM
Cool! Rino, I didn't know you had a time machine. Being that yesterday was May 20. Maybe the fish didn't appreciate all the flashing lights from your time jumping machine. Hee Hee. Just kidding.

kpl
05-21-2007, 07:30 AM
So Steve what was working? *I'm probably heading up there this weekend if the campground is open.
Thanks,

RenoTroutGuy
05-21-2007, 12:30 PM
I went over the pass on Thurs..did not get to fish >:( it was a work thing..Dam job gets in the way! ;D

Ice free. Per the Tahoe Daily Trib. there was a monster taken out last week over a 1/2# per foot, not exactly sure on the size but I was impressed with the size to weight ratio.

dirty3hirties
05-21-2007, 12:59 PM
Per the Tahoe Daily Trib. there was a monster taken out last week over a 1/2# per foot, not exactly sure on the size but I was impressed with the size to weight ratio.

I don't get it :-? So a 24 in. fish would only be 1 lb? 1/2lb/ft? What do you mean?

Weez
05-21-2007, 02:03 PM
I think he means 1/2 pound per INCH, since the fish pictured in the tribune was listed as a 35 inch, 16 pound mackinaw, caught and released.

This is actually not such an amazing length-to-weight ratio for a mack, some 35 inchers go 20 pounds.

I trolled Caples last Sunday and caught 2 small rainbows, 4 browns 2 to 4 pounds, and two macks, one 5 pounds and one 10 pounds.

atavuss
05-21-2007, 05:18 PM
saw an older man last sunday walking up from the spillway with what looked like a full stringer of fish, no idea what he was using. *

yep *that was me......

was it in the afternoon? I don't remember seeing your hummer parked......if I had known it was you I woulda stopped!

jigmaster
05-21-2007, 09:19 PM
I made it out to caples today and took a cousin and my father along. Fished from 7-10am without a single bite-we were to the right of the spillway. went to silver afterwards for 2 hours and caught 5 between the 3 of us. 4 rainbows and 1 14" brown. the weather was great and I hope to go back soon.