PDA

View Full Version : Sharks...South Bay

Whaler_Outrage_21
12-18-2008, 06:48 PM
Hey Folks...new to the board, but long time user of Fish Sniffer..

Wondering if the shark fishing in the South Bay is still on in the South Bay or anywhere in the SF Bay Area...planning on taking some guys out and would like to get them into something on Saturday...have had a lot of luck in the South Bay during the warmer months, but not sure if the shark bite turns off during the winter months.

Not sure if the Herring spawn has started, if so, maybe the sturgeon bite will start up.

Fish On.

aledwards
12-18-2008, 07:32 PM
Got a call on Tues saying the herring boats were working South Bay SF side. Havn't heard any tonnage counts yet. - Al

qersys
12-18-2008, 07:45 PM
went out last fri from Oyster Point. Straight out from the marina near the channel markers. Caught some leopards, nothing over 2 feet long. Was using squid for bait.

shon42073
12-22-2008, 06:09 PM
Seems a bit early for the herring to really come in. For south bay sharks i like the alameda rockwall, oakland airport, and san bruno shoals.

MoMoney
12-26-2008, 08:29 AM
I get email fishing reports and I got one on christmas eve that said a group of guys boated a 300 lb sevengill and several soupfins to 80 lbs on anchor out by the san mateo bridge.I have never heard a sevengill that big in the bay but thats what it said. :o :o