PDA

View Full Version : BEAR RIVER RESERVOIR? ANYONE?

schatgun
05-17-2007, 10:46 AM
GOING CAMPING UP AT BEAR RIVER RESERVOIR THIS WEEKEND FOR 4 DAYS FOR THE FIRST TIME....WE'LL BE FISHING FROM BOATS AND EXPLORING THE AREA WITH OUR ATV'S. ANY ADVICE ON HOW TO FISH THE LAKE AND WHERE TO FISH WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. WE WILL BE TROLLING MOST OF THE TIME. PROBABLY WILL DO A LITTLE STREAM FISHIN FROM THE ATVS TOO.

THANKS FOR THE HELP...

SEE YOU ON THE WATER

metalmouth
05-17-2007, 10:58 AM
Please do not post in all caps. On the net it means you are yellling and it is hard to read. ;)

Mackattack
05-17-2007, 12:33 PM
And be carefull on the ATVs I dont think they are allowed in that area but I may be wrong. Stop at any ranger station on the way up and they should have a map on the wall for off road use.

griffis_20
05-17-2007, 03:25 PM
I was there from 5/10 to 5/12. I trolled all over the lake and tried everything in the box, top water and downriggers. It was very slow!!!
The water level was rising by the minute! I think that played a part in the slow fishing. I did see a couple ATV's riding around. On 5/8 the guy working at the resort caught a 10 lb brown toplining rapalas in the early morning.
Good luck,
Griff 20

hunkfisher
05-17-2007, 04:03 PM
ATV's are okay up there but just in case they changed the rules since i left "the county" two years ago theres a ranger station up 88 just past pioneer. Fishing is hard if they are trying to produce power and pushing a lot of water in if thats thy case go to the inlet and use bait fish stack up where it gets all churned up. Good creeks to fish up there too use single salmon egg all i ever brought with me.

Brad "Hunkfisher"

[smiley=swimmingfish.gif]

Mackattack
05-17-2007, 09:10 PM
And I just rememberd if you go past the CG and past upper BRR the road goes over the ridge to another river that has some great granite holes to fish or hike. My dad made us bath in them 40yrs ago.