PDA

View Full Version : Collins Lake

Martinez Frank
05-14-2007, 07:56 AM
Has any sniffers been to Collins lake lately?

Loves-to-Fish
05-14-2007, 10:10 AM
pretty much limits for 3 on chartruece power bait, biggest was 4#. trolled a little by the dam for a couple, most came from the edge of the swim beach and launch off the bank. lots of fish being stocked into the lake. good luck!

LTF :)

Martinez Frank
05-14-2007, 10:32 AM
Thanks Loves to Fish, I will be there the second week in June and I will be trolling, the Collins website is reporting trollers are getting big fish on Apexes, worm with dodger, and needlefish

svtBrandon
05-14-2007, 03:18 PM
I was out there this past weekend didn't get to do too much fishing though. Went out saturday aftertoon and bank fished in the cover before the dam with a Kastmaster and picked up a Crappie somehow lol, then next cast I lost it in the tree >:(. My buddy and I saw another buddy (who had caught ~ an 8lbs+ estimated Trout, I saw a video it was an absolute monster of a trout caught in that same cove about a month earlier) trolling around in his camo'd out aluminum boat, so we waved him over and I went out with him and we kept getting hits off my Gold 3/8 Kastmaster and his Chartruse Grub (also had a silver kastmaster and chartruse powerbait trolling). Got a ton of short strikes and one on the Kastmaster but that was about it. We retreated until the night when we came back to do some drunk night fishing for everything which ended unsuccessfully except for my buddy who the trip was for is going into the Sheriff's academy and he got plastered... Went back and tried to figure out how to stick wood pallets into those ground pits for fire.. didn't work too well had to break them all up. Was my first time campin there next time i'd probably stay in the open camp area by the dam so I can fish more and not bring pallets as fire wood !

DraginBalls
05-15-2007, 01:02 PM
A 11# trout was just caught. Now thats a big one

Martinez Frank
05-15-2007, 03:17 PM
That is a monster ;)