PDA

View Full Version : Jackson Meadows Reservoir

smainard
05-12-2007, 11:00 AM
We are going the last week in June and having never fished this lake before, I was wondering if anyone had any recomendations on tackle, etc. *Thanks

Mr_Ed
05-12-2007, 01:08 PM
You might give us a little more info....................

Are you fishing from shore or a boat ?

Are you going to use bait or artifical lures ?

Pyramid_Kid
05-12-2007, 01:24 PM
Here this might be useful to you.

Fishing Notes
Rainbow Trout are the main species that anglers pursue at Jackson Meadow. Bank fishermen find success with spoons, nightcrawlers and Power Bait in the Pass Creek Inlet, off the dam and near the campgrounds. Trolling with nightcrawlers behind flashers and minnow imitation lures is productive in the spring, summer and fall.

German Browns are best pursued in the spring after the lake opens up and in the fall. Troll or cast Rebels and Rapalas along the shoreline and in the creek inlets.

Brook Trout are occasionally caught, while the lake is believed to have a very small population Artic Greyling.

Brown Bullheads are also found in t he lake, though nobody targets them.
For More Information:

For general information about Jackson Meadow, contact Tahoe National Forest, Sierraville Ranger District, 530-994-3401. For fishing information, contact Mountain Hardware in Truckee, 530-587-4844.

smainard
05-12-2007, 02:50 PM
Thanks Pyramid Kid that helps, I prefer to troll but whatever it takes at the moment we'll try.

fishguts
05-12-2007, 08:03 PM
I've never fished the lake but have hunted around it and see a lot of bankies working the dam area.

DuramaxDan
05-12-2007, 10:35 PM
I fish the lake every year with browns to 7lbs.Caught 90% of fish trolling with blades and uncle larry in many different colors.Fish top for rainbows and deeper for browns.Have caught a few cutthroats in the lake as well.