PDA

View Full Version : Del Valle-HOT ACTION

Dylan_Gorman
05-06-2007, 08:45 PM
Started out the day trolling in heron bay with 2 j-7 rapalas in rainbow, j-11 in orange, firetiger rapala, orange grub, and firetiger tazmanian devil. Fished 4 flat lines 100-150ft. back and 2 on the downriggers 10ft. down 75ft. back. Caught 6 fish trolling, 2 on j-11 orange rapala, 1 on orange grub, 2 on firetiger rapala (downrigger), 1 on firetiger tazmania devil. Had 3 or 4 missed hits in heron bay and one more that was on and came unhooked in the dam area. Most of the time we would mark fish and then hook up, or just as the lures were coming across a point we would get a hit or hookup. Also we hugged the shoreline, no open water trolling. After a couple hours and no more hookups we set out to bait fish in swallow bay, although the area did not look to promising we set up and started fishing, within 10 minutes my dad hooked up, from then on out we had steady action and had a grand total of 13 trout with a couple of missed fish both bait fishing a trolling. All bait fish were caught on chartruse sparkle powerbait. Also had better quality fish bait fishing.
Dylan G.

Woody
05-07-2007, 05:49 AM
Dylan

I believe we seen you out there yesterday. I was in the LOWE with the honda 20 on it. We were fishing the same location as you in Heron bay.
We took 5 fish home one about 3#, released 2 & LDR 6 Not bad for a short morning of fishing. We were home with the boat washed and put away by 11:30am. We catch all are fish on Gold Kastmasters with green spots.

I will load pictures as soon as I get them from my wife.

Woody

CHICKFISHING58
05-07-2007, 08:49 AM
My Nephew lives in Livermore and he wants me to take him fishing at Del Valle
I have never fished there before can you tell me when is the best month to fish it ;)

fishmaster
05-07-2007, 12:59 PM
chick fishing58 Del valle produces year round. the best time however is from jan. thru may. so take him out fishing!

Woody
05-07-2007, 01:06 PM
Chickfishing58

If you are in a boat right now is the time to be there. If you are fishing from shore Oct. thru Feb. is the best time. We have been doing very well trolling for the last month or so. If the weather stays hot it could get a little tough.

Woody

CHICKFISHING58
05-08-2007, 11:58 AM
Thanks for the info guys I'll give him a call and see when he can go ;)

bobby
05-09-2007, 08:21 AM
Hey guys, going here sunday, in the boat..

Riggers are NOT hooked up, can we still troll and catch here with no riggers?

Woody
05-09-2007, 11:30 AM
Bobby
I am going tonight after work I will let you know how deep you should be trolling. I ran one downrigger last weekend at 10 to 15 ft only caught one fish on it the rest were all toplining with Kastmasters.

Woody

dirty3hirties
05-09-2007, 11:39 AM
I am going tonight after work I will let you know how deep you should be trolling. *I ran one downrigger last weekend at 10 to 15 ft only caught one fish on it the rest were all toplining with Kastmasters.

I haven't gone to Del Valle this year as much as I wanted to. *I want to go somewhere this weekend but my buddy (who has the boat can't go). *I'm planning on using my pontoon....but getting to the north end is gonna be a chore! haha. *If anyone is going to fish the south end....or into the narrows, I could do that. *Any reports will the appreciated.....

bobby
05-09-2007, 01:09 PM
yeah, let us know how your trip goes tonight, look forward to the report..

fishreaper
05-09-2007, 04:19 PM
The fishing at Del Valle is still good. *The trout I've been catching there have been small but lots of them. *Long line Rapalas or yo-zuri crystal minnows. *Run your lines out 80-120ft. *The Reaper has been catching fish at both ends of the lake. *Go first thing in the morning or late in the evening. *This is when the bite has been the best.*
[smiley=skull.gif]

dirty3hirties
05-09-2007, 07:19 PM
he fishing at Del Valle is still good. The trout I've been catching there have been small but lots of them. Long line Rapalas or yo-zuri crystal minnows. Run your lines out 80-120ft. The Reaper has been catching fish at both ends of the lake. Go first thing in the morning or late in the evening. This is when the bite has been the best.

Hmmmm...well, my only option would be the south end and I've knocked them dead there in the winter months drifting bait off the bottom. SInce it's warmer now, I'm thinking the fish may have moved on.

What were the water temps?

Dylan_Gorman
05-10-2007, 06:24 AM
Early morning in Heron Bay the temp. was 60 on the surface. Later in the day, in Swallow Bay, the temp was 63. We caught fish surface trolling, then bait fishing on the bottom in 8 feet of water.

Woody
05-10-2007, 02:26 PM
Things are changing at DV trolled yesterday from 4pm till 7pm we caught 3 nice holdovers from last year all about 15 inches. All the fish were caught at the old fish tube in Heron Bay. Toplining J7 & J9s. I also had 1 DR set at 15 ft but never got a bite on that rod.

Woody

dolfan
05-10-2007, 05:41 PM
Hey Woody, you mind me asking what color rapalas you were using? Thinking I might go out there on saturday, anybody else going?

Brian

Woody
05-10-2007, 06:19 PM
Dolfan the J7s I used were Perch, Chartuse and White (1 fish), Brook Trout and the J9 was a rainbow trout pattern( 2 fish) I also ran a dodger and grub on the DR for a while then changed to a Kastmaster.
I'm sure that the fish will still be in Heron bay around and in the coves, but you will need to get there early before the sun heats things up. I have had a couple of 30+ fish days in the last month in that area. Most of the fish have been caught on gold/green kastmasters and the perch J7s. The other place to try is Badger Cove just past the narrows.

Woody

firetrout
05-10-2007, 07:52 PM
I'll be out on Friday early morning. I have a blue/silver Lund and on channel 69. Hope to see a few sniffers. :)

Woody
05-11-2007, 05:33 AM
Firetrout I wish I could be out there today, with the cloud cover we have this morning it should be great fishing. I will be out tomorrow morning I think.

Woody

ultralightfan
05-11-2007, 06:42 PM
I will be there tomorrow (sat. 5/12) in my Gregor. Hope to see and meet some of you out there. I will have two others with me and a couple of downriggers out.

dolfan
05-11-2007, 09:56 PM
I'll be out there tomorrow 5/11 in my red Bayliner. Taking my brother fishing for his birthday.

Brian

Woody
05-12-2007, 10:31 AM
Hey guys I'm sure I seen some of you out there this morning. I think it's time to invest in some stars for the boat. I did ok this morning started fishing about 6:30am had two fish by 6:40am in Badger cove released both of them. Moved over to the dam hoping for some bigger fish. Trolled for about 2 hrs caught 3 more fish, one about 3# got tired of dealing with the wind made one more pass through Badger cover and picked up one more. While I was loading the boat, I seen 4 guys come back from the dam area with 8 Strippers all about 5#.

Woody

firetrout
05-12-2007, 08:18 PM
I saw some guys catching stripers at the dam area, right next to the concrete water gauge. They said they were using nightcrawlers. Oh yeh, they were anchored not trolling. :-?