PDA

View Full Version : Squid Trip, Monday Dec 15th, 08' - Whos interested

mike22ca
12-09-2008, 10:41 AM
Im setting up a Humboldt Squid trip out of Bodega Monday Dec 15th. Anyone interested in going? Its a 6-pack boat and tackle/rod are furnished. Cost is $80.00. They've been gettin them by the hundreds, literally TONS of squid. Serious inquiries only. Need 2 more people. Please PM me if interested!

JPFX
12-11-2008, 01:02 PM
You guys should check it out!!! Crass and I just got back from one and it was awesome! The pics of the squid all over the deck aren't what it's about. It's sitting there with your rod off the side of the boat...waiting...waiting and then WHAM! It's like a truck hit your jig. Your jig could only be down 5' below the surface, but the fight still takes 5 minutes!

abdiver12
12-11-2008, 05:22 PM
You guys should check it out!!! *Crass and I just got back from one and it was awesome! *The pics of the squid all over the deck aren't what it's about. *It's sitting there with your rod off the side of the boat...waiting...waiting and then WHAM! *It's like a truck hit your jig. *Your jig could only be down 5' below the surface, but the fight still takes 5 minutes! *

Good job! What boat did you go out on?

slick88
12-13-2008, 05:43 PM
I'm surprised more fishermen in the SF Bay Area don't go out for the squid. As far as I know, only the Huli Cat (HMB) and New Salmon Queen (Emeryville) are the only 2 boats in the SF area that consistently go for squid.

I know from the Emeryville hotline that they had trips planned but looks like not enough customers to schedule a trip. With rockfish season over now, I am thinking of going on a trip for some calamari.

abdiver12
12-13-2008, 06:18 PM
Rick Powers on the New Sea Angler (Bodega) will be going out tomorrow and Monday though it will probably be rough (he canceled today's trip because of high winds). He tells me he will be going out almost every day of the week for squid and on average is getting 15 per head.

ocean_314
12-14-2008, 10:56 AM
I am interested in going out of Wed or Thursday. The weather is going to be good and the seas should be fairly calm. What other boats go out after squid out of Bodega becides the New Sea angler.
I wanted to go out last week but he said he boat was in for repairs.

jdecker
12-14-2008, 08:56 PM
It's a huge mess to clean up when the party boats get done, they would rather go for crab and sand dabs. If anyone goes and wants to get rid of any, PM me. I would like to try it for crab bait next year.

HMONG_James_Vang
12-16-2008, 02:56 PM
So how did you guys Squid Trip go, any pictures???

abdiver12
12-16-2008, 04:10 PM
Will let you know tomorrow. Might even have a video for you guys.