PDA

View Full Version : South fork american?????????

hunkfisher
05-10-2007, 03:43 PM
Going out tomorrow for my weekly trip going to start on the american for stripers/shad and if its not good me and my partner are wondering whats good along 50 up the hill anybody catching any on flies/bait/spinners thanks guys dont want to waist the gas if i dont have to.

Brad "Hunkfisher"

gone fishin
05-10-2007, 05:38 PM
hey Hunkfisher

The south fork is very slow due to snow run off. I went out there on opening day and the water is running to fast to get to the fish. I would give it another 2-3 weeks. I heard the Carson river is doing well off hwy 88.

Good luck...Ron

troutbitch
05-10-2007, 06:21 PM
i saw on d.f.g site they planted this week.

fishwalla
05-11-2007, 03:00 PM
I was up on the Silver Fork yesterday the 10th and did not get any action.I was throwing spinners and cast masters.the water was high.I had my license checked by DFG while fishing and he said they had just planted.I was fishing by the first pay for camp ground as you come up from 50.I'm not sure where they do the actual planting though.I should have asked DFG while I had him there.I also did some casting around kyburz east of the silver fork confluence for nothing.The water was high there too.I hope this helps