PDA

View Full Version : BERRYESSA 5/9

Scott R
05-09-2007, 06:10 PM
Launched this morning at Spanish Flat and fished the Goat Island, Big Island and Ranch House triangle in search of Kokanee. *But today all I found were these thingshttp://img155.imageshack.us/img155/2348/img0189li5.jpg *I swear these carp(I think they are carp) were following me around. *They put a taboo on my boat. *It was really weird. *Marked a lot of fish on the graph but no takers. *These carp were floating on the surface and in the picture, all you see is their lips. *Maybe they are laughing at me? *But I found out that I could get within 3 feet of them with the Minn Kota but with the kicker, *the closest I could get was about thirty feet. *Went to skiers cove with no success. *Winds and whitecaps came up at 11:40. *Water temperature was 63 degrees but overall a very nice morning.

T-ROY
05-09-2007, 07:45 PM
Scott they are carp there were some on the main body a few weeks ago.
T-ROY

JusTrollin
05-09-2007, 08:01 PM
Thats pretty awsome! You know what that means.Kokanee will start to school up in the next couple of days or within 2 weeks.Troy isnt that what happen last year when we saw the same thing?Scott Very cool picture.

T-ROY
05-09-2007, 09:23 PM
You called it JT it should be any time. It happend the same way last year this warmer weather next week should speed it up. T-ROY

Munnster
05-10-2007, 06:05 AM
T-Roy and JT - we are ready for the kokanee to start up. Should be a good year. The kings are still lurking though. See you soon.

Fisher-Munn

kokoloco
05-10-2007, 08:23 AM
Ken I saw this same thing up at Camanche last week. The carp are spawning I was told. They were all over the place. I'll be heading to Oroville on Friday. Thanks for the seat. Hope your golf game is better than mine was yesterday. It's too bad that high score doesn't win! ;D

Sam

JusTrollin
05-10-2007, 07:06 PM
Next year Im bringing my bow every trip(in the spring) so I can shoot the carp.Ken cant wait until full boat limits of kokanee.