PDA

View Full Version : Lat trip to Pine Flat...

Trolling Scotsman
05-08-2007, 08:09 PM
I think today will be the last trip to Pine Flat for this season. I launched from Trimmer Springs this morning at 6:00 and fished for 2 hours before I got my first hit. I made my way from the launch to an area just past Sycamore Creek before I finally got a bite. I made a couple more passes through the area and finally landed the biggest King I have ever caught, which was just a smidgen short of 18 inches.

I top lined one pole rigged with a Dave Davis Lake Troll, wedding band, night crawler and corn. I put the other pole on the down rigger and tried everything but tying my tackle box to it. Ran the down rigger from 25 to 50 feet and only got it to release one time. After nearly 6 hours of virtually nothing, I headed in to the dock. I did notice that the surface water temp was 68 degrees. Man, it sure came up fast this last month or so. *Anyway, it looks like it will be the higher lakes for me for the rest of the summer.

I am going in for surgery tomorrow so it looks like I will be out of commission for a couple of weeks. You guys keep the reports coming in so I have something to read while I’m home. As soon as the doc gives me the “OK” I will be heading to Shaver. *

Good Fishing… Jim

fishon_chris
05-08-2007, 09:05 PM
Nice job getting out Jim.Hope all goes well for your surgery.
Take Care
Chris :)

troutfan
05-09-2007, 01:45 AM
Best wishes on the surgery Jim. Get back on the water soon.

Topaz_Tom
05-09-2007, 04:07 AM
Best wishes on the surgery Jim. *Get back on the water soon.

Ditto, get well soon!! Tom [smiley=angling.gif]

Ironhead
05-09-2007, 04:35 AM
Jim,

Nice day on the water. Fishing continues to amaze me at that lake. With the warmer weather coming, the higher lakes will be a cooler choice. Best wishes and hope all goes well.

Ironhead

johnbfishin
05-09-2007, 05:10 AM
I hope the surgery and your recovery go well. I hear you on the altitude, makes for better trip IMO.

first5
05-09-2007, 10:01 PM
Good luck with your surgery and recovery. I've been out of action due to some health problems for a good part of the past 6 months or so, and it is an absolute pleasure to be able to get out and fish again! Take it slow and easy, don't rush it. You'll be back out there before you know it. ;)