PDA

View Full Version : PYRAMID & STAMPEDE

CHICKFISHING58
05-05-2007, 01:15 PM
Fishing Buddy and I headed out to Pyramid this morning the white caps were bad so we went to popcorn thinking we could launch there yeah right the water was coming over the dock. :o We decided to head to Stampede when we arrived the wind was blowing hard and the white caps were about the same as Pyramid. :'(

So no fishing today I just hate that :(we did run into Barry out at Stampede fishing by himself as a matter of fact he was the only boat left on the water so we helped him at the dock and called it a day. ;)

vvbob
05-05-2007, 01:20 PM
Well there's always tomorrow......
Wind is howling down here in the flatland too :(

Mr_Ed
05-06-2007, 06:42 PM
Chick;

When it is real windy, you have to "down size" !!

The Sparks Marina would have been perfect !! ;) ;D ;D

Have you ever thought of the Truckee river ??
Bait, spinners, Rapalas, flys........... ;)

Even Frenchman or Davis will work in the wind, since 90% of the time
it is a West wind !!

Naturally these are a no boat fishing thing..........

Boats will work on Frenchman & Davis if you know the lakes.

Gill Collector
05-06-2007, 09:44 PM
Geez chick, I hope it's not like that this weekend. Looks like I'll be there

CHICKFISHING58
05-07-2007, 08:55 AM
Chick;

When it is real windy, you have to "down size" !!

The Sparks Marina would have been perfect !! *;) ;D ;D

Have you ever thought of the Truckee river ??
Bait, spinners, Rapalas, flys........... ;)

Even Frenchman or Davis will work *in the wind, since *90% of the time
it is a West wind !!

Naturally these are a no boat fishing thing..........

Boats will work on Frenchman & Davis if you know the lakes.

Ed,
Your so cute Sparks Marina is a joke [smiley=shocked.gif]I canít believe you fish there
I have tried the Truckee doesnít work for me my lures are to big
We went to Stampede because Barry was there
I do pretty well at Frenchmanís and Davis when I have the right guide ::)

Gill,
It should be a great weekend at Pyramid Iím picking up my boat on Sat and will be fishing Sunday at Pyramid with Fishing Buddy in my boa ;)t

Mako
05-07-2007, 11:52 AM
We'll be up there on Friday through Sunday and I'll be on the VHF.

CHICKFISHING58
05-08-2007, 12:01 PM
Mako,
I though you were going to Pyramid?
I talked to Barry last night he said he caught an 8lb Mack and a few others were catching a few big ones but the bite isnít very hot they had to work for it.

Mako
05-08-2007, 12:05 PM
Yep, I'll be at Pyramid on Friday. Any recent reports for us trollers?

drstressor
05-08-2007, 01:21 PM
Sure. Troll in 1' of water with a long setback. You'll tear them up. ;) ;D

fish_junky
05-08-2007, 01:35 PM
Hi Chick, I am glad you already have your first trip planned. I want to see some nice pictures of you and fish in that boat. From Sunday on ok. ;) I never treated that boat to Pyramid. It'll love it. ;D It has been to Stampede a bunch of times. See'ya Saturday :)

Mako
05-08-2007, 01:58 PM
and my duo counter rotating props !

So, I guess I'll try and dust off the side planners. Will that work on the East side?

drstressor
05-08-2007, 02:27 PM
By the middle of May (most years) many of the fish will have given up trying to spawn and not all of the fish try to spawn each year. So you should get some action at the usual deeper spots on the east side off the walls. The feeding fish are not deep but they can be over deep water. They will hit the usual chub imitation lures.

There will still be a lot of cruisers moving along in 1-2' of water off the beaches. Many people think that the spawners are only on the west side, primarily around the nets. But they are wrong. You can find groups of fish cruising the shallows just about anywhere along the sand or gravel beaches.

The spawners only bite sporadically, but the bite can be wide open if you get lucky and match the hatch. Fish cruising the shallows will never see a chub (except for the big spawning chubs) this time of year. The only bait they see in close are midges, dragonfly nymphs, and leeches. So dragging Lymans or spoons in front of them that look like chubs is usually a waste of time. You can often get aggression strikes from them using red or silver lures, the bigger the better. Otherwise, troll flies if you fish the beaches. That's what I do this time of year.

Mako
05-08-2007, 03:15 PM
Thanks Doc.