PDA

View Full Version : Derby day one

lineside
05-05-2007, 06:49 PM
First day of the Bass Lake Trout derby. On the water at 6:30 am. First two hook ups were 15 inch Kokes. Then a nice 18 inch Trout with a tag.A few more trout and then two more tags. One last pass and the Chief lands his third taged bow.Total for the day 12, with four tags worth $80.Back at it Sunday. :)

justme
05-07-2007, 05:56 AM
I was there from Thursday to Sunday. Got there late on Thursday and did not start fishing until 4:00PM. Fished for 2 hours and caught 4 bows from 12 to 14 inches on Green power bait from shore. Woke up Friday and it was raining pretty good so I slept in. Did not do any fishing Friday. On Saturday since there were 6 of us we decided to rent a big patio boat. We trolled for about 4 hours with cast masters, needlefish and koke killers all tipped with night crawlers for nothing >:( . I think the boat was going to fast. We did not have a down rigger but we were adding weight to the line. Should have just fished from shore.

CrappieJed
05-07-2007, 09:03 PM
justme--you should have jumped in with Lineside that man knows how catch them Trout and Kokes.

Bass Lake can be tough but not for ol' Linesides. Good job Linesides you catch enough tagged fish to take Chief for one of those killer breakfast at the Forks?

SC

first5
05-07-2007, 09:20 PM
good catching, Lineside. I read that the big money fish was caught, too. first time in years. too bad it wasn't me! brian