PDA

View Full Version : Here It Comes

aledwards
12-12-2008, 08:04 PM
Monterey Weather Bouy is reading 10' swells at 11 second intervals with 21kts of wind on top of that. Small Craft warning thru Sat night. Bay is loaded with mackeral right now so got to wait for a window to load up on Mackeral for crab bait and get the pots back out. Have the feeling it's going to be lousy water till about Tuesday. Right in the middle of the work week. :'( - Al

twoelk48
12-12-2008, 08:27 PM
I hear you, found a home inside for my new Duck before she hits here in Merced, they are even predicting snow here Mon or Tue something that happens every 15 years, Kent

Fort_Bragger
12-13-2008, 09:22 AM
.SYNOPSIS FOR NORTHERN CALIFORNIA WATERS... LARGE SHORT PERIOD NW SWELL WILL SPREAD INTO THE COASTAL WATERS TODAY...BRINGING VERY ROUGH AND HAZARDOUS SEAS. STRONG NORTH WINDS WILL EASE ON SUNDAY AS LOW PRES OVER THE PAC NW MOVES SOUTHWESTWARD OVER THE OREGON COASTAL WATERS.

* 23 footers predicted for Fort Bragg tonight. *There isn't enough weight to keep a pot in place when they get that big. *The crabbing has been dismal of late anyway.
Ben

scfisher831
12-13-2008, 11:08 AM
Yep alot of mackeral up here in SC.A 47lb WSB was taking on a live mackeral in a 100' water at South Rock with a bigger one lost also friday.Hopefully they will stick around after these storms pass through,but won't keep hopes high.Big tides to hit today here with the weather man warning stay away from the cliffs,rocks,etc.Brrrr is it cold here and waiting for the snow they say that could hit the SC Moutains at my house [smiley=cold.gif]