PDA

View Full Version : Del Vall rept.

DOG
05-02-2007, 07:51 PM
Went to Deli yesterday before the rains came and we did well draging powerbait in the south end by the marina. We were lucky enough to be there when the fish truck came later that morning and dumped a bunch of little trout. They were jumping all over but would not hit yet, they were still doped up and probebly running from some stripers or big blacks. I threw a swim bait for almost an hour thinking I would get one of those Hogs but only one follower that went about 4lbs or so.

_Gone_Fishin_
05-03-2007, 07:29 AM
Nice report DOG! Sounds like you all had a good time. Any pics? I will be heading there on Sunday.

need4fishin
05-03-2007, 11:59 AM
Cool. Keep the reports coming. I will be camping/fishing their the weekend of the 12th. How bout the stripers? Anything happening? :-?

dirty3hirties
05-04-2007, 07:39 AM
Ohhh.....dragging bait in the south end can produce some awesome results. I'll have to see if I can get out there next weekend!

_Gone_Fishin_
05-04-2007, 08:20 AM
Dragging power bait? Are you on shore just casting out PB and dragging it along the bottom? Or are you on a boat doing this? I have never heard of anyone dragging PB. :-/

Vole
05-04-2007, 09:18 AM
If the winds are light enough, you can use the drift method with your regular sliding sinker set up and powerbait or egg/crawler combo. Split shot works well too. Sometimes the bite is so light, using the drift method produces better results. My kids always out fish me because they are constantly reeling up their line while I'm sitting there just staring at mine.

Vole
05-04-2007, 09:19 AM
If the winds are light enough, you can use the drift method with your regular sliding sinker set up and powerbait or egg/crawler combo. Split shot works well too. Sometimes the bite is so light, using the drift method produces better results. My kids always out fish me because they are constantly reeling up their line while I'm sitting there just staring at mine.