PDA

View Full Version : any sugar pine reports?

skunk_monkey
04-28-2007, 10:16 AM
anybody heard anything about or fished Sugar Pine lately?

oldguy64yo
04-29-2007, 08:00 PM
Sugarpine was great fishing Saturday... got two limits of nice sze planters ranging in size from 12" up to 16 1/2 ". they were bitting red wedding rings with 1/2 nitecrawler behind silver seps flashers. 30 to 40 ft. down with a slow troll. most were caught up by the dam in deeper waters. didn't check temp. but must've been right for them to be hungry. ::) ::)
Good luck
see you on the water
oldguy

foresthill_fishin
05-01-2007, 06:17 PM
Sure in fact Sugar pines my local waters other then the meadows hell hole or oxebow back to it sugar pines on fire right now do to the fact of a recent plant I find earlys better top water bite now intell water warms up then lead core or d.r needed I troll needle fish now just about everywhere they will probaly stock two more times before summer,of corse thats when fishin great.Check f.n.g plant reports hope that helps [smiley=swimmingfish.gif]KEEP ON TROLLIN

skunk_monkey
05-02-2007, 06:44 PM
Actually, went up there Sunday with my ten year old and we both got our limits. Well, he got both our limits. I was merely his personal deck hand.

Haven't had a time to post til now but you're right, it was really good and while we did hook some in the cove, we also hooked 'em just about everywhere else, too. Toplining chrome dodgers, small light colored spoons (I'm bad with product names) on two rods and a watermelon dodger with a fire tiger spoon on third. That rod was down a little deeper too...the other two rods I trolled slow enough I didn't need any weight, so they were right below the surface. The third rod I only put on two split shot. Kept the downriggers dry. The third rod took the most fish but all three received consistent action. Three of the fish had slight hook noses which I'm guessing were maybe holdovers going into a spring spawning mode. Did you notice upon cleaning them they were gorged with what looked like beetles? They were probably some kind of larvae, maybe dragonfly but they were stuffed! I've fished Sugar Pine for a few years now and always enjoy it, fish or no.