PDA

View Full Version : McClure - Saturday *4 -28-07

Ironhead
04-28-2007, 07:15 PM
On the water at 5:45 and headed to the dam area. Rolled shad at 70 feet on bottom, kokanee lures stacked on top. Fishon18 (Scott) had a fish on in the first 20 feet, 13 inch koke. Worked the dam area (no pun intended) for the next 3 hours with approx 5 kings and 4 kokes and a few rainbows. Headed towards Mack Island and dropped the lines to 90 feet. Ended up picking up a nice 20.5 inch, just shy of 3 lbs, king. Ended the day with 7 kings and one bleeding koke in the box. Weather was just plain hot, so it did bring out the water lice for the day. Surface temps at the peak time of the day were 75*, started at 67* first thing in the morning. Great day on the water with Scott again. The big boys are still come at this lake. The lake is rising but we need some cool water to stir things up.

Ironhead

Here is pick of my big king today. Scott felt I needed to show a picture so everyone knew I finally caught fish.

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/1332/p1010042aw8.jpg

Captain_Morgan
04-28-2007, 07:30 PM
First... I have to say thanks to Scott!! *;D We love pictures here & congrats on a hot weathered, but great fishing day. ;) Nice looking KIng,way to find'em. That one has a hugh tail!! :o

fishon18
04-28-2007, 08:07 PM
Ironhead,

Yeah it really cooked out there today and there are fish to be had for sure! See it's nice to show the "Captain" with the fish of the day once in awhile!! Good time, great company and good fishin tomorrow.

Scott

fishon_chris
04-28-2007, 08:10 PM
Nice Report Greg and Scott.I thought you boys would be there today.I will be there next Sat the weather is going to drop a 10 or so degrees.Greg nice fish ;) I knew you could get them.Has the lake came up sence a few weeks ago.
I hate the Water lice crap. >:(
I will be there bright and early on Next Sat.
See ya Chris :)

JoeTech
04-29-2007, 05:32 PM
Way to go Greg and Scott, we always like to see pics. Going to try and get out next weekend.

Ironhead
04-29-2007, 05:54 PM
Has the lake came up since a few weeks ago.

The water level is rising, just very slow. Not much snow up high so I don't see a lot of movement in the near future.

I am planning on being up there next Saturday also, unless I change my mind on Friday night. I do that once in a while. LOL

Ironhead

fishon_chris
04-29-2007, 06:43 PM
I think sat will be prime the moon will be gone and hopefully the fish will be ready to bite.
Chris :)

JoeTech
04-30-2007, 06:37 AM
Got the company golf tournament on saturday, but dont forget to post your results, or give a call, you guys got my number...I plan on fishing sunday.

JPFX
04-30-2007, 10:33 AM
I'm probably breaking a FS rule here, but for all you McClure fans, you might want to pick up the latest California Game&Fish Magazine. I haven't read it yet, but the main article and picture on the cover is about McClure.

flatcom
04-30-2007, 01:16 PM
how far and how do you get to mcclure from merced

fishon18
04-30-2007, 04:29 PM
Flatcom,

I live in Merced so this one is easy. Head due east(G St.) past the college and into Snelling like your going to Lake McSwain. You get to McClure by going through the gates at McSwain.Hope this helps..

Scott

twoelk48
04-30-2007, 05:19 PM
I live in Merced also and by the college off my driveway I can be at the Mc Cure Boat ramp in 45 min, Barrets which puts you in the west center of the lake is about the same and that is where fuel is( the only source), If I want to fish up in the Bagby area I find it cheaper to driver up hwy 140 out of Merced towards Mariposa and cut off across at the top of Guadalupy grade. The other acess is off the Horseshoe bend ramp that puts you in the middle of the lake and at the start of the river cayon, this takes maybe an hour and 15 min from my house. If you like a tour of the lake and want to share cost pm me, Kent

fishnmike2002
05-01-2007, 06:38 AM
I was out there Saturday with my dad and dog. *We fished the dam and spillway area until about 10 with only one small salmon and a couple of stripped shad so we made a run to Bagby. *Caught 7 salmon up there, most small but one 20" skinny salmon. *On the way back in the afternoon I stopped off Barretts and put the koke gear down at 25 feet. *In an hour and 8 minutes we landed 10 kokes to 14.5". *That was a kick in the pants. *

http://www.ifish.net/gallery/data/500/king_and_koke_crp.JPG

FishnMike

fishnmike2002
05-01-2007, 02:03 PM
Added the photo to my report above.

FishnMike

mtalley
05-02-2007, 05:45 PM
On a side note I hear the road from the entrance at McSwain to the dam in going to be chip sealed (resurfaced) starting Monday. You may want to launch at one of the other ramps to avoid chips in your paint until they get the rock swept off.

Ironhead
05-02-2007, 06:31 PM
On a side note I hear the road from the entrance at McSwain to the dam in going to be chip sealed (resurfaced) starting Monday. *You may want to launch at one of the other ramps to avoid chips in your paint until they get the rock swept off.
Marty,

They were sealing the cracks on Saturday when we left and had the rock piled up in a turnout, so I know they are going to do it soon. I will take your advise seriously. Thanks

Ironhead