PDA

View Full Version : Boca 4/28

cjskier
04-28-2007, 07:45 PM
I hit Boca this afternoon/evening for some trolling action. fairly slow fishing and not many people there despite the great weather. I did get into one nice brown that came in at 21.5 inches. Also one 12 inch rainbow and a few LDRs. Nice day on the water and its always nice to get into some fish.

Here is a pic of the beast.
http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/8778/215inchbrownfrombocaan6.jpg

Pyramid_Kid
04-28-2007, 09:46 PM
Were did you put your boat in the water at? How high is the water level? Can you still drive across the dam?

cjskier
04-29-2007, 06:12 AM
I just pit in off the bank, because my boat is only 12'. The water leverl is still all the way down, the same since last fall. and yes, you can drive across the dam.

Ron G
04-29-2007, 06:52 AM
you can drive across the dam.

Man that is great news!. That will take some of the boat presure off of Stampede. *:)

cjskier
04-29-2007, 06:55 AM
I dont know if there is any actual ramp right now though.

Zucca
04-29-2007, 10:18 AM
Boca is only at 25% capacity so there is no water anywhere near the ramp. Launching is off the beach. This is the lowest I have ever seen it this time of year. I doubt many water skiers will be using Boca early instead of Stampede because the area where they like to turn at the inlet end is ony 2 feet deep. If Boca receives much water from Stampede this year, I am sure the road across the dam will be closed off, as in the past few years. Expect Stampede to be a zoo this year.

Mr_Ed
04-29-2007, 01:09 PM
Boca needs 28,900 acre feet to launch at the ramp. (RGJ water level )

The bay should be 4 feet deep....................

On the East side of the dam on the bank is a cement sidewalk
leading down to the lake. At the end of this is a big boulder
below it. If the water is up to the boulder, you are good to go.

Maybe another month , or more ? :'(

247FSHN
04-30-2007, 03:19 PM
Just got back from the area today. Spoke woth some people about the conditions of the lake. Water entering Boca is going out just as fast. I don't anticipate the water really rising that much higher with such a small snowpack to melt down. It just goes to show what a difference a year makes. My estimation after driving all around the lake bed in the dry dirt water level down a good 40 to 50 feet from last year at this time.