PDA

View Full Version : Chabot Report 4/28….

ol_dude
04-28-2007, 06:30 PM
Decided to make a Saturday trip… Weather was great… actually almost too hot… …Anyway - I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but for those chasing the BIG DERBY FISH…. It was caught yesterday…. 22lber… on a Rapala by the Dam…
Fishing was good… seen a few boats with stringers… most were pullin’ jewelry (big flashers on a slow troll) nothing big…. I did okay… 5 C&R up to 4½ lbs… all around 22ft… I had what the Lassen’s wanted today… landing the 4½ lb’er was the most fun I’ve had in a while… very strong fish…. And BMF will be happy to know that I was tempted to cut the line when I seen it… large complete tail and deep colors… trash fish… *;D
I was told by a trusted source (another fisherman that had told this very confidential info to just a couple others, so I’ll purge a day’s worth of exaggerating) *that they are few more very large “Frankenfish” out there still… the 22 was the biggest, but there is a couple more around 20lbs an 18 and some south of that… I did mark 2 very large fish… they were deep and not active…. Yes back by the Dam…. Been in there a week so they ought to be gettin’ pretty hungry about now….
Might head out there again tomorrow… If not definitely on Wednesday… *

setemNnetem
04-28-2007, 10:19 PM
yup i heard that there were a few more big ones in there 2.