PDA

View Full Version : Pyramid Friday

vvbob
04-27-2007, 07:45 PM
Another beautiful day on the big pond. Burned some gas (Mickey) today, & went to hells kitchen
http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/8171/hellskitchensmalluk5.jpg

Things were slow for a while, then changed to a red with black dot spoon @ 12 ft...fish on in short order, a nice 3+ pound female, then another take down....then nothing for a while. Decided to throw the crappie jig for a while. Got in close; 5 feet of water, & saw lots of cruising fish. Lots of follows on the black jig but no hook ups. They would rush the jig like they were going to nail it & then turn away at the last minute....frustrating. Switched to a purple jig & a few cast later a nice 22 incher, then shortly this girl
http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/430/jigcutsmallqe0.jpg
They certainly fight a lot harder on the jig, maybe because they don't have all that Lyman wood in their face.
Got a little toasty out there, beached the boat & Buffy went for a swim to cool off
http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/9678/buffyswimmingsmallaj5.jpg

Ended up with 6 pretty nice fish, biggest at 23".

Mickey_Thomas
04-27-2007, 08:03 PM
Great pic's as usual VVBob, sure looks like a beautiful day :D doesn't get much better than that ;)

Martinez Frank
04-27-2007, 08:09 PM
Hey Bob, the lake sure looks nice, glad to see you getting into some fish ;)

chicofishrmen
04-27-2007, 08:12 PM
Thanks for the great report & pic's Bob! ! Glad to see Buffy is having a good time as well! The lake looks like glass! Glad the weather turned better for you.

Gill Collector
04-27-2007, 08:43 PM
All week, what a lucky guy you are! The lake looks awesome, glassy and smooth! I'm hoping to be there on May 10th for a few days. Hope to see some other sniffers up there. Tell a few jokes! ;D ;D

spinfisher
04-27-2007, 09:37 PM
D***! I wanna be retired!

Good reports, VBob - soon we may be able to play all the time, too! ;)

Mako
04-27-2007, 10:11 PM
Those pics are really, really nice. *I have a Golden Retreiver but don't bring him to Pyramid. *If I cast a bobber in he hits the water before the bobber. *Anyway, great pics and can't wait to be up theere in a few weeks.

drstressor
04-28-2007, 12:22 AM
Bob, were those fish you saw in shallow water off the rocks or off the beaches?

okie
04-28-2007, 05:35 AM
nice pics bob, looks like the best report for quite awhile from pyramid. i can't make it sunday, have to wait till wednesday, same some fish for me. any news on the accident?
okie

jrj
04-28-2007, 06:22 AM
Great report, wish I was still there.

Ron G
04-28-2007, 06:43 AM
Excellent pic's Bob, what a beautiful lake. I canít wait to get back up there. Does the fishing usually pick up in May?.

drstressor
04-28-2007, 07:10 AM
The trout start to give up on trying to spawn around mid May. I can tell when the pattern starts to change by whether or not they are still cruising along the beaches. They increase in numbers again off the walls on the east side when things start to get back to normal. Not all of the fish change their pattern at the same time, so I was just asking Bob if the trend has started.

May can be good or not so good. The fish don't bite all day like they do in the fall. It becomes more of a morning and evening bite. The chubs spawn in May and that can attract a lot of large trout activity in certain areas.

vvbob
04-28-2007, 06:24 PM
Bob, were those fish you saw in shallow water off the rocks or off the beaches?

They were off beaches with bigger rock, & not much moss on the bottom.. Saw a lot of what I think were chubs. They were in small schools 5-10 fish. Green line down the side, big fish 18-20"
The were cruising in the shallows.

Jig fished this morning for nada...not even any follows.
Trolling was good at Hells Kitchen. Cuhogn, & Buoy 33 caught 23 fish the Needles early then the Kitchen later.. I managed 10 to the boat, lost at least 5. Bite was all day long. 12 feet early then down to 30 in the afternoon, then back up to 18 about 4pm. Lyman's (Frog,Christmas tree, & Firetiger) Flatfish at 1.5-1.7, Red, Chrome, Purple.
Another beautiful day on the water 8-)

Farrier_Frank
04-28-2007, 06:35 PM
Another fantastic report, Bob. It sure is fun reading live, right now while it's happening on-the-water reports... and with good pictures, too.[smiley=thumbsup.gif]

drstressor
04-28-2007, 08:27 PM
Thanks Bob. I got the picture. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]