PDA

View Full Version : Comanche on sunday

fishermankev
04-27-2007, 05:31 PM
Hello fellow sniffers:

My buddy and are thinking about heading over to Comanche this Sunday. I've never fished this lake before, so I thought I'd try to get some info on where to put in, what to use etc. We have downriggers etc. but I know that every lake is different, so any tips on the types of tackle, e.g., dodgers, flashers, terminal gear setup etc that has been successful at Comanche would help alot. Thanks sniffers; we'll post a report when we get back.
Kevin

fishnmike2002
04-27-2007, 07:15 PM
Havn't been on the lake in a couple of weeks but from what I am hearing the trout are 15 to 30 feet deep from Hat Island down to the dam. The usual suspects are working, firetiger Rapalas, orange grubs, orange or firetiger Needlefish. Usually don't use flashers or dodgers and troll way behind the boat, 150 feet or so.

FishnMike

Fishing_Fanatic
04-28-2007, 07:31 AM
Fishnmike gave you all the basic info you need.

When you pay to enter, they will give you a copy of the recent fishing report. If you launch at the North Shore go into the store and ask for more details if you want (like what was working yesterday)..

Here is their website link:

http://www.camancherecreation.com/

click on fishing and the current conditions..

The water is very clear at Camanche, so troll way behind your boat. Bright color lures seem to do well at this lake. Bright Red, Orange, Chartreuse and Firetiger are all good colors. Excel, Needlefish or Humdingers trolled alone, (no dodgers) at about 2 mph well behind the boat will generally get you fish.. Start at the depths that everyone tells you is working. Be patient, the bite can come and go in spurts.

Fish the triangle behind the dam, Big Hat Island and little Hat Island.

Watch out to the east side of Big Hat, it can get less than 30 feet deep.
Also to the North of Big Hat

Pay attention, depths can change really quickly... If you venture outside the triangle.

Good Luck, Tight lines and post your results :)