PDA

View Full Version : Oroville Coho Report

Troutdraggin
04-25-2007, 07:20 PM
Here is a photo of a couple Coho caught at Oroville today. The fish caught ranged from 15 to 18 inches. They are growing, and by late summer they ought to be pretty nice fish. We caught these on the North Fork Arm. Most were caught from the surface down about 35 feet. We caught them on a variety of lures, including kokanee killers, pin minnows, criplures, needlefish etc. We caught our limits and did a lot of catch and release. Hope I transfered the photo correctly...

http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/501/Mel_and_Cohos_001_600_x_450_.jpg

Captain_Morgan
04-25-2007, 07:28 PM
The photo looks perfect,& nice to hear the coho's are still hungry. ;) Thanks for the report.

gadgetman
04-25-2007, 07:46 PM
Troutdraggin, how far down the north arm were you fishing? Were you past the Hwy 70 bridge. Now I can't decide if I should go back to Oroville or Berryessa for Kings.

With the forecast for this weekend I expect all the lakes to be a little busier this weekend.

chicofishrmen
04-25-2007, 09:23 PM
TD,
Dang it, just when I settled in on fishing Bullards this weekend, you had to post! The Coho's are getting bigger every week! Nice fish! Oh this fall the game is on!

Troutdraggin
04-26-2007, 07:02 AM
We actually picked up fish around the powerlines near Dark Canyon and up near the PGE slab on the opposite side but most fish were caught up above French Creek to the outer boueys on the North Fork near Berry Creek. There is a lot of debris near the inlet but it's fishable. We were hearing reports of some bigger fish but didn't get into them. The larger 18" fish were fat and full of minnows. It was a lot of fun catching them. Hope to go up again tomorrow.

Troutdraggin
04-26-2007, 05:00 PM
Blue, white, purple or green combos seem to work the best in lure presentation.