PDA

View Full Version : oroville 4/24

spoonbill_slayer
04-24-2007, 05:48 PM
good day on the lake today. launched at lime saddle going twords the bridge. caught 8 coho and put 4 in the icechest. had a heartbreaker sdr on the bigest coho i had ever seen in the lake. all fish were caught midday real close to the surface. fished with a worm/vances 3/0 dodger toplined 70 or so feet from the boat. our best luck came just outside the no wake zone infront of the big grey rock. i have a pick but am not sure how to post it. i will check the stickys and see if i can figure it out.

happy fishing
spoonbill slayer

Rod Bender
04-24-2007, 06:55 PM
SP, I know there are some holdover Cohos in there over 5#. Never tried the crawler and dodger combo for them. I use dodgers and Apex combos by the 162 bridge. Sounds like they are spread all over the lake. Thanks for the nice report. Hope to see some pics.

Troutdraggin
04-24-2007, 07:50 PM
I had planned to head up tomorrow and I'll give a report when I get back. Had some friends give a good report. Have to go find out for myself. ;)

loose_goose
04-25-2007, 07:21 AM
Hey Spoonbill, how long were they....I figure they should be almost 15" by now.....great report...thanks

spoonbill_slayer
04-25-2007, 02:10 PM
the fish i caught were all between like 15-17. they were all fat little piggies and one had a brown/black senko in his belly. good luck yall time to fire up the smoker.

Captain_Morgan
04-25-2007, 07:40 PM
Hum... HEY GOOSE!!! DID YOU HEAR THAT?? I'm so cornfused. Can we hit BB & oroville in the same day? ;D

chicofishrmen
04-26-2007, 08:47 AM
SP, I know there are some holdover Cohos in there over 5#. Never tried the crawler and dodger combo for them. I use dodgers and Apex combos by the 162 bridge. Sounds like they are spread all over the lake. Thanks for the nice report. Hope to see some pics.

There were some larger Coho's planted last fall in the 3-5# range
I think there were about 1600 larger fish planted. Thanks for the report spoonbill!

ARRGH! this is torture! The Coho's are biting good, kok's are going off at Bullards & the wife and kids just left today for 10 days! BUT My boat is still in the shop getting serviced. http://www.fishsniffer.com/forumsyabb2006/Templates/Forum/default/cry.gif I took it in on 4-16 and they just got it in the shop today. http://www.fishsniffer.com/forumsyabb2006/Templates/Forum/default/angry.gif

Troutdraggin
04-26-2007, 04:57 PM
That's interesting about the 3-5 lb fish. A friend of mine was fishing bass at a runoff inlet near Lime Saddle a few months ago and said there were numerous salmon trying to go up a little waterfall but couldn't. They were in that size range. He went back a week later and looked and there were many dead decaying along the banks. He examined them and said they had black jaws and looked like Kings to him. I hadn't heard of any Kings being planted and thought they must have been Cohos. Hope they all didn't die off. We did mark some large fish at the same depth where we were picking up the 15-18" salmom yesterday. Hope there are some still around.