PDA

View Full Version : Pyramid Tuesday

vvbob
04-24-2007, 08:29 PM
Talk about a drop dead gorgeous day. This was sunrise, & it only got better as the day went on.......
http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/3142/sunriseapril24thsmallgh0.jpg

Started trolling south from the ramp, 10 minutes later, a nice 23 inch cut, the picture doesn't do the fish justice.
http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/8081/23inchcutsmalleo6.jpg
Thought I was in for a barn burner day, well 2 hours later at the nets I got my second fish on, too bad I couldn't get it to the boat :'(

BigB was going to fish with me after he got off work, so about 2pm I headed to the ramp. I did a little jig fishing while waiting for BigB, caught 2 fish both about 20 inches. 2:30 BigB called, & said he couldn't make it, maybe tomorrow.
Started trolling north, hit a nice fish at 25' right at Pelican Point, turned around & got another, caught 6 fish in the next couple hours, going back, & forth over the point.

So it turned out to be a pretty good day . 9 fish on the day, although they weren't as big as yesterday. Still better than working ;)

drstressor
04-24-2007, 08:35 PM
caught 6 fish in the next couple hours, going back, & forth over the point.

So you're finally figuring out spring fishing for spawners. ;) ;D

vvbob
04-24-2007, 08:40 PM
There are spawners milling around the launch ramp, there must be 100 fish down there in plain sight, just swimming back & forth.

drstressor
04-24-2007, 08:44 PM
There are groups like that all the way from the Willows down to the Nets. They are just harder to spot. The fish are all grouped up. If you catch one, go back and keep working that area. More than likely there will be more fish right there. Most of the water contains no fish this time of year. You just have to find the aggregations and keep fishing them.

Mickey_Thomas
04-25-2007, 05:39 AM
Thanks for the undate yesterday, always enjoy your calls :D Boy you weren't kidding when you said it was a beautiful day, love the pic's :) Now go get them today, I bet you pretty much have the whole lake to yourself 8-)