PDA

View Full Version : McClure Kings 4/22

fishnmike2002
04-23-2007, 06:54 AM
Dad, I and the dog went to McClure yesterday 4/22 *When I picked dad up at his house it was raining and windy but there was no way he was going to pass up a trip as he has been stuck at home for weeks so we headed up the hill. *Got to McClure point at daylight and it was blowing! *I could see down by the dam it was more protected so we headed down that way and set the lines out.

I was rolling shad on my bottom rod and a spinner/worm on the top and dad was pulling white grubs. *We had lines stacked from 15 to 60 feet just seeing where things were. *On our first pass by the dam by top rod went off and I landed a small trout on the spinner/worm. *As I was letting it go my bottom rod with the shad went off and the fight was on. *Landed a nice 18" king. *Another pass and my bottom rod went off and the fish took off stripping line. *Landed a 21" king. *We then went through loosing three nice salmon in a row by getting them tangled in the downriggers. *These were some of the hardest fighting kings I've got into.

About 9:30 the bite shut off completly and I couldn't even find fish on the graph. *About noon the rain let up and the wind laid down so I began working my way out *into the main lake and we started finding fish again. *Nothing wide open but a bite about every half hour or so. *Ended the day under sunny skys and calm winds at 4pm with 8 salmon in the boat to 21 1/2", two small trout, a small koke, a small bass and a rattlesnake. *All the salmon came on shad, could not get them to take spinners or grubs. *Here is a pic of a couple of them.

http://www.ifish.net/gallery/data/500/medium/dad_sam_McClure_salmon_crp.JPG

FishnMike

fishon_chris
04-23-2007, 02:26 PM
Good report Mike sounds like the storm did not hurt the bite.I think it will turn on in the next few weeks.I think there will be a fish over 6lbs taken out of McClure in the next month.

Chris

fishnmike2002
04-23-2007, 03:55 PM
After tangling with those 3 pluses yesterday I don't know if I want to mix it up with a 6 lbr on koke gear. :o

FishnMike

Ironhead
04-23-2007, 05:53 PM
Mike,

Glad you had a great day at McClure. You seem do to well up there and have that lake figured out.

I fish every weekend to catch a 6 lb fish on my koke set ups. LOL

Ironhead

wkokaneeman
04-23-2007, 07:50 PM
Talking about big Kings,check out this web site.Bruce Hamby of Sierra Sport Fishing got one of his clients a 10lb. 10oz. King out of Don Pedro on Saturday!! check it out.what a dandy!! Way to go Bruce!!

WWW.MOTHERLODELAKES.COM

fishnmike2002
04-23-2007, 08:04 PM
Yeah he got that 10 and Danny got an 8. What a weekend for kings!

FishnMike