PDA

View Full Version : Folsom Lake 4/22

no_anchor
04-22-2007, 05:46 PM
Was debating on Berryessa today but the weather didn't look to good so we ended up staying close to home and fished Folsom. The lake had white caps so we headed over to the south fork to look for some calm water, we didn't find any until we got up to the old salmon falls bridge. We fished that area for 3 hours for 2 fish on and gone. We slow trolled dodgers and hootchies and tried some yozuri pins minnows. Around 11 we decided to head over to the dam and tough it out, still very rough but it was getting better. We switched over to fast trolling apexes and excels. The excel got the first fish and then another so we switched everything to excels. Ended up boating 6 fish, 5 kings and one rainbow. Also had 7 or 8 ldrs and sdrs. The fish were not very big with the biggest going 16" and the smallest and I mean the smallest being a 5" king. We had to really hunt for the fish today but we found a school of fish willing to hit by the dam on the Beals Pt side. The weather really calmed down by around 1:00 and it turned out to be a great day. No pics today, forgot the camera.

no anchor

SideJump
04-22-2007, 06:52 PM
Thanks for the report no_anchor. I haven't seen one on Folsom for some time now. Lately it's been Berryessa this and Berryessa that. This is refreshing. It was good to hear you got into them today. See you on the lake.

SideJump

Empire
04-22-2007, 07:04 PM
Thank you for the report NA.

I wonder where the 5" king came from. The last plant of kings in Folsom was last spring when 2 trucks of fingerlings went in. All those fish should be much bigger than 5 inches.

justtrollin
04-22-2007, 09:09 PM
Glad to hear somebody found the Kings! * :) *My eight year old darlin and I got skunked. *Fished the south fork and the south end of the dam. *Nice to have the wind die down in the afternoon.

Mako
04-23-2007, 03:55 PM
Thanks for keeping the reports coming for those of us who can get out.