PDA

View Full Version : Monterey Wind Tunnel

aledwards
11-29-2008, 01:03 PM
NOAA got the swell right but missed the wind big time. Left the ramp at seven headed to center bay. Three mi from the ramp wind waves picked up with fifteen to twenty kts of wind. Layed our inside string at a 'troll speed' drift. Ran the outside string with the 50lb deep pots and busted back in. A Team and full Grundons for this weekend. Anyone rockfishing over here this weekend be real careful, swell is building through tommorow. Most of the smaller open boats were tucked in tight to Cannery Row. - Al

Fort_Bragger
11-29-2008, 02:03 PM
I'm glad you made it Al. *I looked at the forcast, thinking I'd throw the pots out and dive for Abalone while I waited for the pots to soak. *Decided it was just going to be to rough [smiley=captjack.gif] out of Noyo, and stayed home. *The crabbing has been reported as really falling in the numbers per pot anyway. *
Ben

Sin_Coast
11-30-2008, 09:09 PM
Yeah, the NOAa forecast for Sat was 5kt NE wind but it was whitecaps by 9:30. We couldn't even get around Pt Pinos. Had to retreat back towards Cannery row, where the fishing sucked.