04-19-2007, 09:10 PM
Anyone fish San Pablo Reservoir...any tips? :-[ Thanks

cyperyip
04-20-2007, 11:37 AM
bank or boat?

cy

_Gone_Fishin_
04-20-2007, 11:42 AM
If you are fishing from a boat....troll (top line) needle fish about 100-150 feet behind your boat....if your fishing from the bank I used white power bait and did well.

LIL-LEO
04-21-2007, 01:21 PM
lately i have been fishing from the bank but i haven't had any luck...i have been using 10lbs test for my main line, 3/4 once sliding sinker, 10lbs test leader, a size 10 treble hook with chartreuse power bait. if your guys think i'm doing sometheing wrong please let me know...and if i were to troll is there a special rod or reel and technique i should use... btw does troll top line mean....thanks lil leo

PaCiFiCa_Rd
04-21-2007, 01:36 PM
try 4-6# main line, 4# leader, and size 14 trebles , with a 1/8 or 1/4 oz. slider

cyperyip
04-21-2007, 02:52 PM
If fishing from shore, use a three way swivel and utilize a 1/2 oz sinker, then tie on two leader, one about 2 ft and the other @ 3 ft. One with chartreuse, the other white or rainbow color powerbait. Also, you may want to try an inflated worm. The idea is having the baits floating on top of the grass for the fish to see, also try casting different distances. Sometimes they are very close to shore. Near Main rec is a good place or areas after the tower would be good. If you are trolling, toplining with Mepps, dodgers with half a worm, troll very slow from main rec to from of scow canyon, and then towards the dam and comes back to main rec. :)

cy

_Gone_Fishin_
04-21-2007, 05:28 PM
Lil Leo-

Top lining is simply trolling with out any weight. just tie your lure of choice on and send 'er out about 100-150 ft behind the boat. Good luck.

_G_F_

LIL-LEO
04-22-2007, 09:06 PM
Thanks for all the tips guys..
we were just there today (the main rec.) and caught just one tiny trout, woohoo! my first trout this year... i have also noticed that people there are shaping their powerbait similar to the shape of a bullet. whats the purpose of that?
I think next week we are gonna try to rent a boat. any tips on what kind of rig we should use when we anchor down or can someone tell me the correct way to topline troll? can i use the same rod and spinning reel to troll? how fast should i go and so on......?
once again your ideas will be greatly appreciated!! thanks!
lil leo the rookie