PDA

View Full Version : the skunk on stumpy

lazylab
04-21-2007, 03:14 PM
saltydog an i hit the stump again more for my revenge :-[ saltydog got 3 to the boat , lazylab a big fat 0. ripped first an tried dodgers flies :o ripped on the way in as the lake was nice an rippled do to the wind 8-) saw litedrag an jim on the lake ,i believe were doing fine :P 4 mph this time , litedrag did you see the boat that was either cooking breakfast or just burning of extra firewood? little aluminum with electric trolling motor only, kind of funny wood smell only ;D

oldguy64yo
04-21-2007, 04:15 PM
did you see the boat that was either cooking breakfast or just burning of extra firewood? little aluminum with electric trolling motor only, kind of funny wood smell only

;DThey ( three young guys) were pulling their boat in as I was launching this morn. said that they had caught 2 RB's and cooked them while they were trolling for more. ;D I think they were short a few cans in their six pack :o :o
Anyway, I saw you out there this am. I was in the Boston Whaler. I wound up with 2 nice 14" + - RB's. caught one on Seps and wedding ring w/ 1/2 night crawler and the other one on a Kastmaster, silver/blue. Both were 8 to 10 ft. down.
I pulled out around 1:30 as it was just starting to sprinkle a little. I think I'll try Rollins this week and then go up to Sugarpine Sat.
see you on the water
oldguy

lazylab
04-21-2007, 05:01 PM
oldguy64yo were you in the center console down by the dam area, me white jetcraft with stars lapping the lake (maybe the de inc fan in me)nice boat *8-) you have there . if you try rollins in the pm *i may join you if going in the week, may try tomorrow in the am only 15 min from the launch 8-) rain brings better fishin they say , an snow even better ;)

LD
04-21-2007, 09:59 PM
The black and white kitty got ya... That sucks... *:o *:P
Me and my buddy Bob wound up with 8 in the boat, all I caught were dinks, about 10-12". Bob how ever had the *relatively hot stick today, landing 5, 2 of which were nice hold overs almost 2 lbs.
between us probably 5 or 6 ldrs. All of the action for us came in 2 different areas, with nothing in between. Went almost 2 hours at 1 point with no action.
I talked to the campground host, some one went for an unintentional swim this morning...The water temp was 49 degrees... [smiley=cold.gif]

Those guys in the boat cooking, should bring enough for everybody, I was getting kind of hungery... ;D

LD
04-21-2007, 10:02 PM
litedrag did you see the boat that was either cooking breakfast or just burning of extra firewood? little aluminum with electric trolling motor only, kind of funny wood smell only ;D
That may not have been wood... ::)
maybe that why I got the munchies... ;D ;D

lazylab
04-22-2007, 09:23 AM
[smiley=hippie.gif] munchies 8-) litedrag it was not my day :-/ talking to much smack i geuss :'( oldguy64yo did not make it to rollins this am, coming down pretty good this morning. ::) plus couldn't find a partner to go out with me. i geuss people are made of sugar these day's :o

kidfish
04-22-2007, 09:28 AM
What spoz they get fer a cord ::) of that there farwood ;)

oldguy64yo
04-22-2007, 09:30 AM
Lazylab.... yep that was me. thanks for the compliment. that boat's a little big for small lakes but I like it. ;) As I said earlier (post) after I passed you I picked up a couple of nice RB's up closser to the inlet. I am going to try Rollins on thurs with another "fishsniffer" buddy. Hope to see you again on the water.
oldguy

Garden_Valley_Fish
04-22-2007, 06:41 PM
Sorry to hear about the skunk LL