PDA

View Full Version : Is there fish in clemintine!

foresthill_fishin
04-19-2007, 06:40 PM
Well just wonderen if anyone has ever fished let alone caught anything in lake clemintine.Iv fished there once but had boat troubles so didnt have much luck [smiley=swimmingfish.gif]any info would be great!KEEP ON TROLLIN

OLLIE_HEIM
04-19-2007, 08:19 PM
I fished there once about 5 years ago, first week of June if I remember correctly. First of all, after we launched our boat we had to disconnect it from the truck because there was no where to park them connected. We launched in the dark and I caught a 12-13 inch bass minutes before sun up. LOTS OF FISH WERE JUMPING, BUT NONE WERE BITING; When the sun hit the water, visibility was about 30 feet!!! Interesting experience, but I will never go back to fish.

SuperDave
04-19-2007, 08:43 PM
It is known as a small mouth bass lake.

troutndeer
04-19-2007, 08:46 PM
good smallmouth and catfish if you know where to look ;)

stagger_lee
04-21-2007, 08:30 AM
There are Trout in Clementine,but they are few and far between ! the best time to go after them is during the winter or cooler months before the Ski freaks take over. Its a small , narrow lake and the ski boats make it impossible to fish. Good supply of small mouth bass and squaw fish that put up a pretty good fight if you are just lookin for a little action!

foresthill_fishin
04-21-2007, 09:37 AM
[smiley=swimmingfish.gif]Thank u all I might give er try before the skie freaks get out there [smiley=bear.gif]KEEP ON TROLLIN

GCinGV
04-21-2007, 10:41 AM
Several years ago my brother-in-law and two buddies did a first time trolling trip there and managed three nice limits of rainbows in the 18 to 20 range, top-lining Rapalas near the back of the lake. It must have been a fluke because after that we tried several times and have yet to catch another Trout since.
Great Black and Small mouth Bass fishing though. Spinner Baits along the west shore, in the afternoon during the hottest time of the summer. Also White Cats and some nice Sacramento Perch (I think).
Having to disconnect the trailer is a pain though and parking is very limited. Pretty tight curves on the road as well.
GC