PDA

View Full Version : Stumpy... they did not say it was going to snow...

LD
04-14-2007, 11:11 AM
Went to Stumpy this morning for a couple of hours, we knew rain was coning, and it did... and the it started snowing too.
Sure makes me wish I brought raingear...thought about it, but like a dummy I did not.
We wern't planning on staying too long anyway... ;D
My buddy Bob, caught 2 browns and a bow, I caught 2 bows and a brown... ::) all in the 2 1/2 hours we were there. also I had 5 or 6 LDRs and several strikes, pretty decent action for a short time.
All of our action was on worm dodger combo's in the top 12-15 ft of water. The surface temp was 50-51 degrees.
We saw Lazylab and Saltydog, they were knockin the snot of them as usual... :D
There is a 5 mph speed limit out there guys... ::) * *;) **;D

LD

lazylab
04-14-2007, 03:31 PM
hey litedrag ;D 3.2 on the ground speed an big rapalas seemed to work today 8-) lapped the lake i believe 5 times ::). the snow was fun never put the top up, little eagle was out an about. nothin but browns an one holdover rainbow 6 in the box an probably 11 ldrs. all fish kept were bleeders , an off to the smoker ;) the topper for the day as we were pullin out i guy has an old chevy van 2-wheel drive an a pontoon launching,full i guess you can call canvass.old window shades the wind is pickin up. gonna fish they say we bid them farewells, hopefully they make it out ok :o an by the way saltydog had 2 on in the first 15 min's,got in the water at 6:15 left at 11 am

Mickey_Thomas
04-14-2007, 03:37 PM
Glad to hear that Stumpy still has some fish in there ;) I heard the weather man say snow down to 4500', Stumpy is 4600', rain gear :-/ never leave home without it when you fish the mountains ;)

LD
04-14-2007, 09:29 PM
3.2 on the ground speed an big rapalas seemed to work today
Just funning ya! *;D ;D
We have been running a little slower with the dodgers.
Looks like you had the right technique today for sure.

I heard the weather man say snow down to 4500', Stumpy is 4600'
I had checked Accuweather, and did not see anything about snow...
I had best look a little harder next time, and keep the raingear in the truck... :-[
Bob didn't bring his raingear, and I did not want him to suffer alone... ;D ;D

AllFishNoWork
04-15-2007, 06:03 AM
Nice job guys, good to hear fish coming out of Stumpy.

Garden_Valley_Fish
04-15-2007, 06:36 AM
Good report on the stump I'm usually doing about 4 mph there ;D ;D It gets attn.I'll be up there in May.

lazylab
04-15-2007, 07:10 AM
lite drag i know you were making fun , wanted something different today :P :'( we both had some very hard pull downs in different spots, that didn't stick :o maybe next time , snow rain lil wind chop ,couldn't pass up the oppurtunity to fish next to the bank 8-) gvf contact saltydog on the next time we are there,always glad to have you on board ;) an the motor dosen't beep anymore :o

oldguy64yo
04-15-2007, 01:04 PM
Thanks for the info on stumpy. glade to hear that some nice browns and RB's are being caught. I'll be down there ,next weekend trying my luck. Hopefully the weather will be great for me then.
see you on the water
oldguy64yo ( from Oregon)

saltydog
04-17-2007, 08:18 PM
What a day! I wont embarass anyone whith the true score ;)
but lets just say I had the hot stick.
acess may be a problem this weekend :'( Pretty good storm up here!

Garden_Valley_Fish
04-18-2007, 05:44 AM
gvf contact saltydog on the next time we are there,always glad to have you on board ;) an the motor dosen't beep anymore :o

Thanks that sounds great. Glad to hear you got the engine fixed :)

Mickey_Thomas
04-18-2007, 06:05 AM
At most I'd say that the "Stump" only got a couple of inches of snow last night, I just got dusted here, weather man says it's winding down, I bet you can get up there tomorrow ;) :D

Mark_Damron
04-18-2007, 11:38 AM
I passed a guy this morning pulling his pontoon boat headed for Stumpy. It's the guy who always runs BIG planner boards out there, even when it crowded. >:( >:( He should have no problem today with a crowd. PHM

lazylab
04-18-2007, 05:40 PM
satydog you are the man , lazylab only one to the boat :-? glad you got the puter up again. may try sat am 21st,give me a call. lets talk about that dead sea derby 8-)