PDA

View Full Version : berreyessa 4-16

doneli
04-17-2007, 05:00 AM
well i am new to this kind of fishing with lures and down riggers..and on the learning process....and after all this great reports from lake berreyesa i decided to try after getting as much information as i could....i started by the dam at 7:20 *with only other four boats around.. *i was using rolling shad at about 70ft and my wife was using hoochies about 60 ft. * only saw nets flying twice on the other boats..i didn't get any thing *and asked people on the other boats how they were doing * *only one boat had two fish * and they got them at 70 ft with rolling anchovies * *the rest had the same luck i had...it made me fell better :)...so around 9:30 i decided to go to skiers cove...only one boat there and a little bit windy....i marked fish at about 45ft and set my wife lure at that depth *and mine at 70 ft * 5 minutes later my wife got a nice 17 in. king.....so i changed to the same *kind of lure (hoochie *fluorecent green) and adjusted the depth.. * i trolled for another hour and that was it......i quit trolling and went bass fishing with a better luck .i got three *black bass *2...2 1/2...and a 4 lb. * * the day was beautiful and warm * *had a great day and *still learning.....didn't get a picture of the king * only of the bass * but i will put them on the right forum...

*-doneli-

fishon_gethenet
04-17-2007, 08:37 PM
doneli, thanks for the report. It seems like hoochies in all colors (white, green, pink) seem to be pulling in the Kings now.

HookedForLife
04-17-2007, 10:59 PM
What size hoochies are you using? Are they smaller than the ones used in the ocean?

fishtime
04-18-2007, 07:11 AM
most of the hoochies for kings and kokes are 1.5" and 2". Smaller than ocean salmon ones.

fishon_gethenet
04-18-2007, 08:22 AM
HFL, here is a link showing the hoochies..

http://store.kokaneemart.com/prostores/servlet/Categories?category=Lures%3AHoochies

HookedForLife
04-18-2007, 09:27 AM
Thanks for the information on the small hoochies. My next step is to buy some downriggers for my aluminum Klamath boat.