PDA

View Full Version : KP Pine Flat Derby

Viking
04-15-2007, 09:35 AM
Any reports/pics from the KP Pine Flat Derby yesterday?

Hope the weather didn't spoil the fun.

Viking

fishon_chris
04-15-2007, 02:07 PM
Mario and my self were there got on the water at 5:45 and headed up river to The syacamore arm and fished from there up river.Fishing was good with plenty of fish just not the size.The kings were bigger then the bows.We cought uor four fishfor the derby and with thoes four fish there was a Salmon big fish side pot.When we weighed in we had 2 place on the four biggest trout and first on the biggest king.In th end we finished 7 place out of 40 teams and Got third place in the biggest salmon side pot got back$65 bucks.
The derby was funn and the kings are getting big.Our fish weighed in at 1.76lbs and the winner weighed in at 1.83lbs so thoes salmon are getting nice we only kept that salmon and two other bleeders and relesed 17 more salmon and 14 trout no size.
I encourge all fisher men to relese the kings for a few more months because these fish need to be bigger to keep.
It was a fun derby and next year they are going to do a salmon and trout mix 4 fish weigh in.They will do a big fish for salmon too.
The weather was not bad untill we left at 4 in the afternoon.Did not have time to take pictures and the size of the fish was nothing to brag about.

Chris :)

Viking
04-15-2007, 07:22 PM
Chris,

Thanks for the report.

At least you and Mario finished in the money and missed the rain.

Viking

Viking
04-16-2007, 01:32 PM
Here is the link to the KP Derby results. I can't believe how small the trout were! The winning average length was just over 13" and weight just over 1.5lbs.

http://www.kokaneepower.org/derbiesdet.php?code=20070414

Viking

fishon_chris
04-16-2007, 06:34 PM
Viking the trout are small and it is not worth the time right now I am waiting for the fall for the kings to be bigger.

Ironhead
04-17-2007, 07:37 AM
I can't believe how small the trout were! The winning average length was just over 13" and weight just over 1.5lbs.

Just another reason why I drive North to fish....

Good job to finish where you did Chris and Mario. Kept the sniffers on the leader board.

Ironhead

fishon_chris
04-17-2007, 07:43 AM
I agree with you Greg but the kings will be worth fishing for in the fall months.

Snowtrout
04-17-2007, 07:53 AM
actually summer will be a great time to fish for the rainbows and kings. The rainbows will have started munching on the shad, meaning they and the kings, which should be in the 18-22" range, will be in about the same areas and same depths.

I think most overlook the great summer trout fishing at pf due to the heat and wakeboaters/waterskiers. The past two years, I have caught 7 over 3lbs, 2 over 4lbs and on one trip lost 5 fish that were easily over 3lbs (good day hooking, bad day getting them to the net). If you find the large ones feeding, you could take home at least a 10lb limit.

Ironhead
04-17-2007, 01:31 PM
I also look forward to the king fishing when the fish have matured. All of us that live around PF know that the kings will only enhance the fishing that is available at the lake. I only hope the water levels stay high enough to support the king population. PF is a lake that is either hot or cold, not a whole bunch of in-between. It has not been good for a while now, even though most of us locals have been waiting for a change. Coupled with the below average facilities, (shared with skiers) is why I make the choices I do on where to fish. It has a lot of potential.

Ironhead