PDA

View Full Version : McClure Kings

DanClark
04-13-2007, 06:25 PM
Slow fishing today but did manage to box five kings 18-22" along with several smaller ones released. Fished bagby and spillway. Fish at babgy caught top lining at the spillway 50-55' otw. All fish caught on rolled shad injected with krill oil with ball trolls no dodgers. Water temp. 62-64 degrees. Nice day at the lake just slow fishing.

Dan

fishon18
04-13-2007, 07:42 PM
Dan,

Sounds like you caught a few, it couldn't have been that slow. I think I will be heading that way on Sunday morning (weather permitting). Seems a little shallow, because fishing Pedro the past few weekends we were marking them @ 80-100'. As always, thanks for the detailed report. Scott

fishon_chris
04-13-2007, 07:50 PM
Good Report Dan.5 fish 18 to 22" that does not sound very bad.
Any Pictures???

Chris :)

DanClark
04-13-2007, 09:01 PM
Sorry, can't post pics. my camera won't talk to my antique I Mac. Yep it was slow today about a fish a hour, maybe I am getting impatient in my old age.

Dan

twoelk48
04-14-2007, 04:42 AM
;D I must be getting old or something but seems I get late starts more often than not. My son dan came down from Seattle to lend moral support and vist hsi grandfather in the hospital. San and I ahven't ahd a chance to fish togehter for some time and we got to Mc Clure point at 1:15 and took a quick runn on a corase to Temperance to test ouot a new prop. Got half way acrossed the lake then headed back for the center of the houseboats in front of the spill way. AS we approached them we headed down to where the white bouy is off the last house boat and the point comes out. WE were running two down riggers with 4 out fits out two at 70 feet and two at 60 feet. Teh deep ones had blue shad no dodgers or flashers one at 60 feet had a cop car dodger and a shad apex ( my go to lurer) the other had a plain shad 1 foot above a silver ball troll. All lines were set approx 40 to 45 feet behidn the boat. Within 10 min we lost two fish one being 4 lbs and the ohter 6 pounds. We caught sebreal dinks and released them. Then wham big fish on and Dans in for a great fight. Fish hit the go to lurer and is a good solid 8 pounder. We even get the fish in the net for a moment but it decides it wnats to live another day and goes airborn :'(, this is what happens when you get old and you have slow reflexes netting fish I tell Dan ;D. In all we keep 4 fish between 2 and 5 lbs and off the lake at 6 pm. Sure was nice having the area to myself wonder how much long that can last. If all goes well I plan on being back Tue morning and as much as I can get away this week as I am baching it so its a fishing week. Taht is depending on whats going on with dad but I think he will be placed in Anberry as soon as he is released from the hospital. If you see a pea green boat running two cannons and a white anteanna sticking up thats me, Kent

tortuga
04-14-2007, 05:57 AM
Dan and Two Elk,
Thanks for the reports. I've gotta get down there. I just can't seem to get past Pedro on the way.
Tight lines
Tortuga
[smiley=fishing5.gif]

DanClark
04-14-2007, 07:10 AM
Kent, I think I made a mistake by running to babgy, should have stayed in lower lake, don't want to preach but when you have a big fish pull all gear and keep a loose drag, don't swing net until fish is laying on its side, I did not hook any large fish yesterday sounds like you have a handle on them.

Good Fishing
Dan

JoeTech
04-14-2007, 10:36 AM
Thanks for the report Dan and twoelk, looks like those kings are really starting to turn on.Cant wait to get back out there.

Joe

twoelk48
04-14-2007, 04:35 PM
;) Dan good advise with all thats going on and no offense taken, about right now I welcome a preacher in the boat as long as he doesn't mind a drink now and then ;D. Dad is scheduled to go to Anberry Monday still not out of the woods but is making baby steps back to life just got done seeing him and he looks the best I have seem him in two weeks, Kent

Captain_Morgan
04-14-2007, 06:38 PM
Hey Kent nice report !! Sounds like a fun day. I hear your not gonna do Shasta with us. :( Do you ever check your PM's? ;)