PDA

View Full Version : stampede 4-7

dkesner
04-09-2007, 08:03 PM
after 6 hrs of trolling, we felt like we might as well troll with apples or beer cans, but i was top lining with flashers and half a worm for rainbows, and i boated a 10 lb, 28" mackinaw!
check her out. *my first mack ever and my biggest fish ever.
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s162/dylankesner/zmack011.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c374/Mad_Russian/zmack011.jpg

Captain_Morgan
04-09-2007, 08:48 PM
Congrats on the nice fat Mack! Patients paid off. ;) Way to stay with it.

Not to take anything away...but I've seen that pose somewhere before ;D *[smiley=mickey.gif] *;D Humm.... ;)

red_perception
04-10-2007, 04:25 AM
Hello from Lake Tahoe, Sweet Brother! Those Stampede Mack's sure are short and fat. Keep trolling the humble presentaion and you never know what will bite a worm. Good luck, Eric :)

Farrier_Frank
04-10-2007, 04:51 AM
Top lining flashers and a worm? Maybe we should have tried that last Sunday instead of throwing all those Raps' in the water... Nice fish DK. And you really do have the " Mickey pose" down. Don't let anybody give you any flack over it though cause we all hold em that way for the camera. ;)

Bilge_Rat
04-10-2007, 11:37 AM
DK - 10 lbr! Welcome to the double digit club. Good looking Mac. Is Stampede like Tahoe with a long setback because of clear water? How long did it take to boat that baby? You have to tip your hat to your net man or ladie :-*. Seems there's always kaos in my boat when a large dorsel fin breaks the surface. Nothing like a fresh worm for a big take down.

duckhuntwater-guy
04-10-2007, 11:58 AM
Nice mack. 6 hours on the water paided off. Good job. I bet you needed a beer after boating that hog.

dkesner
04-10-2007, 06:50 PM
my setback--im not really sure. i had 60 ft out and then just opened the bail and let more out, maybe another 60? *the water was pretty clear, still a little green though visib was maybe 12 ft.
it took me probably 6 mins. or so to boat it. i had a med. action spinning rod w/ 10 lb on it. i was pulling as hard as i could without breaking the rod or line but the mack was just staying deep. it wasnt until it was at the boat that she started coming up.