PDA

View Full Version : Easter at Berryessa

Ol Angi
04-09-2007, 08:49 AM
We got on the water at 7:00. Trolled all around Skiers Cove till 11:00. Hooked the first fish within 30 seconds or so. Trolled at 40 ft. for salmon, and caught one and lost one. My buddy was gettin all the action on top with the trout, so I decided to throw an ultra light rod and reel out on the top of the water. What a blast, we caught 13 fish total, and lost 4. All on Pin Minnows. The biggest trout was 16" and the smallest was 14". The salmon was 14". Had to be home and cleaned up by 12:30 for Easter, but that didn't happen. My buddy and I got a bunch of $#!T from our women when we got home, but it was well worth it. I will be out there next weekend Saturday. See ya guys out there.

Martinez Frank
04-09-2007, 09:54 AM
Ata boy ;) at least you got out there got fish and made Easter. I was also out there and took my wife with me so I was safe from trouble

fishon_gethenet
04-09-2007, 10:56 AM
A wise man once said, "It's better to ask for forgiveness than permission". OK, I don't know how wise that statement really is..but it works for fishing. ;D

My wife used to jump all over me for fishing...now she asks me when I'm going. :-X

tortuga
04-09-2007, 03:35 PM
Sounds like a great day. I must be the lucky one, my wife, Froggie, loves to fish every bit as much as I do. It never fails at the end of the day out comes her favorite line, "just one more pass and we'll head in". Take your wife fishing but be careful what you start!
Tight lines
Tortuga
[smiley=fishing1.gif]

egrammer
04-09-2007, 05:13 PM
I have to agree with you tortuga! My wife used to say "when are you going to be back" to "when are we going"??? It is pretty cool now, I can stay out as long as I want along with our 16 month old daughter that loves fishing already. :)

Ol Angi
04-09-2007, 07:02 PM
I usually go fishing on Fridays when she is at work, and the boy is at school. They both go to church on Sundays, so I usually go fishing that day too. She is not really into fishing that much. Wouldn't mind if she got into it, but right now she is not. So it is just me and Angus (my dog).