PDA

View Full Version : Pardee Friday 4/6

troutjl
04-09-2007, 08:55 AM
My Son and I went to Pardee on Friday. Fishing was slow we brought home two 18" rainbow. I found out that Pardee fish can break 4lb leader even if it is Maxima. We were using night crawlers 5' below a bobber. Lots of people coming in as we left at 2:00.

Did anyone else try Pardee?

cgagex3
04-09-2007, 09:00 AM
Troutjil,
You can check my post, probably on page 2 or 3 now from Pardee on Saturday. They planted the big guys on saturday at 10 am. Before that we were just catching the little dfg planters.
About your line break, yes they have nice fighters. Even though I am using a couple of little under 6 ft rods with 4 lb test lately I have been using 6 lb for my leaders. Also start off with a real light drag to let the fish run. you can always tighten it up as you go, but if it set to tight to begin with they will snap you off.

troutjl
04-09-2007, 10:23 AM
Thanks Cgagex3

Nice sink of fish. I like to leave the pole resting so I always leave the drag very loose so the hog doesn't take my pole. The bobber seems to set the hook and I hold the pole up to keep tension on it. There is lots of fun when you have a nice fish on the line and it starts to empty your spool love that sound zzzzzzz. The best part is still the fact that I took my son fishing. As they get older it becomes harder to find common ground. He actually enjoyed the day.

troutfan
04-09-2007, 10:39 AM
Thanks Cgagex3

Nice sink of fish. I like to leave the pole resting so I always leave the drag very loose so the hog doesn't take my pole. The bobber seems to set the hook and I hold the pole up to keep tension on it. There is lots of fun when you have a nice fish on the line and it starts to empty your spool love that sound zzzzzzz. The best part is still the fact that I took my son fishing. As they get older it becomes harder to find common ground. He actually enjoyed the day.
Yup! Fishing closes the generation gap! ;)