PDA

View Full Version : 11/16 HMB

Bakkie
11-16-2008, 11:45 PM
Made my first ever trip out to HMB today, and my first self guided trip in the actual ocean. Launched from HMB and went south, the water was so calm, 5 kt wind, 4-6 ft swell at 13 wind waves less than 1 ft. 2 buddies and I fished frozen chovies and sards, and caught 4 Black rockfish, 1 China, and 1 Gopher. I thought we did OK for our first trip. *8-)

hooked_fishin
11-17-2008, 10:36 AM
now your hooked! glad to hear you got fish. if you some spots for next i got a couple, i have a small boat so there not that far from shore!

Bakkie
11-17-2008, 02:22 PM
now your hooked! glad to hear you got fish. if you some spots for next i got a couple, i have a small boat so there not that far from shore!

Ya I was already a little hooked on rockfishing. I've fished out of Eureka with my family up there, but now I have something a little closer to home. PM me about your killer spots down there, or maybe I could meet you down there sometime. ;)

reversegut408
11-17-2008, 08:47 PM
Waves pretty soon will roughen up be cautious ;)

aledwards
11-17-2008, 09:18 PM
Good for you, weather the last few days has been fantastic. Just keep in mind, it's the ocean and when it's not right, turn around and head back in. You will fish alot more years on salt following that rule. - Al

Globetrouter
11-17-2008, 10:46 PM
Congrats!!! [smiley=clap.gif]. I made my first trip out of HMB last week. In a 14' aluminum boat! It was scary as hell for about the first hour then I realized, relax, BUT be aware of the conditions. Glad you caught fish. I be out there in a hot second if I had the time AND the conditions were right. If you go again let us know.

[smiley=fishing5.gif]

hooked_fishin
11-17-2008, 11:27 PM
ya when i lived in pillar point, i found out that sept,oct are the best months thats when the water is the calmiest, nov,dec, jan i'm mainly in the river and delta.