PDA

View Full Version : So who did I see at beardlsey?

HOOF
03-21-2007, 10:40 PM
wondering who was out there?-2 boats w/trailers, one truck loaded his boat in the back -lots of gall for that lake in the wind-I will be rollin up w/my boat but glad I have a winch cuz I may get stuck.The one pair of fishereman said they did OK(we also did ok at the afterbay)....Thinking of targeting the hammers.....any news on fish or is it seceret gulch?

ratss427
03-22-2007, 05:39 PM
is the road open?

dano
03-22-2007, 06:51 PM
WOW Beardsley in March. Thats wild. Never been down to it that early in the year. What was it like? Need detail
Dano

johnbfishin
03-22-2007, 08:13 PM
is the road open?

Sure is! *8-) The lake is real low with the ramp out of the water though.

Mr_Ed
03-22-2007, 08:19 PM
Wasn't me or PickLnose, we were at Rollins !! ;) ::)

cptdarel
03-23-2007, 12:10 AM
wondering who was out there?-2 boats w/trailers, one truck loaded his boat in the back -lots of gall for that lake in the wind-I will be rollin up w/my boat but glad I have a winch cuz I may get stuck.The one pair of fishereman said they did OK(we also did ok at the afterbay)....Thinking of targeting the hammers.....any news on fish or is it seceret gulch?

I did get my truck buried in the mud there once launching my boat, right down to the axil. had a winch and enough cable to hook up to the cement block. and saved the day. be careful.

T_s_dad
03-23-2007, 06:53 AM
Hello all. I have been siting here in the background absorbing much data from this site. Thanks

Playing hookey today. Planned for skiing but the girlfriend flaked out. Off to Beardsley. Leaving in an hour or so but just wondering about the road. Hope the boat follows the truck all the way through the snow. I know the truck will make it.

BTW I will be a regular here. Was heading to New Melones but it just doesen't seem that hot. I never miss at Beardsley. I will be in my 16' Lowe. Not much but it gets the job done.

John

metalmouth
03-23-2007, 09:19 AM
T s dad,
Welcome to the boards. We look forward to your posts.

MM

T_s_dad
03-25-2007, 07:27 PM
I arrived at Beardsley at 2:30. The wind was blowing pretty good.
Saturday was tough. I only could dig up 4 fish for the day. One was a very fat 17" brown though. That sure helped. 2 more hours on Sunday morning yeilded another 4 fish.

That was 10 for the browns and 8 for the rainbows. It was a close game right down to the end.

I was fishing 20 feet down with a doger and a hoochie on one rod and a pretty kastmaster on the other. The larger brown came on a rainbow pattern rapala.

johnbfishin
03-25-2007, 07:41 PM
I arrived at Beardsley at 2:30. The wind was blowing pretty good. I did manage to pick up a couple of limits by 6:30. With the 2 pole license I felt both rods needed their own limit. Wish it was like that every day.

Uhh, that's not how it works, I hope you aren't serious. It's 5 per day, 10 in possession.

ratss427
03-25-2007, 08:20 PM
I arrived at Beardsley at 2:30. The wind was blowing pretty good. I did manage to pick up a couple of limits by 6:30. With the 2 pole license I felt both rods needed their own limit. Wish it was like that every day.

Uhh, that's not how it works, I hope you aren't serious. It's 5 per day, 10 in possession.
uh oh. :-?

glad to hear beardsleys open.fished melones last weekend and it stunk.

T_s_dad
03-25-2007, 08:57 PM
Uhh, that's not how it works, I hope you aren't serious. It's 5 per day, 10 in possession.[/quote]

I think I know how it works. The more you return to the fish gods the more they let you play with. Wounded soldiers go to the frying pan.

johnbfishin
03-25-2007, 09:06 PM
Ya know what, you said you picked up a couple of limits....I'm thinking you are still trolling.

Slim
03-25-2007, 10:45 PM

I think I know how it works. The more you return to the fish gods the more they let you play with. Wounded soldiers go to the frying pan.

I think I got ya... U caught many fish but only "Kept" A few. *;)

Just remember..He didn't practice catch and release.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v12/slim1/Beardsley/07%2021%2006/Opsreytroutnice.jpg

Maybe I could sneek into my own back yard after work tomorrow and fish Beardsley.... Well see... It's supose to snow tomorrow afternoon and Tuesday. So maybe I'll have to *wait till later in the week.

Thanks for the report T's Dad

Slim

troutfan
03-26-2007, 01:35 AM
Just a reminder to TS dad and everyone else. *People don't always know when you're kidding so please never promote illegal activity on these boards.
Thank you,
Troutfan

T_s_dad
03-26-2007, 09:43 AM
Sorry for the confusion. Although I am tagged a "rookie" here I have been a reader for many years. I have much respect for this forum and would never cheat the fish gods. They rank much higher then the fish and game in my book but I follow their guide lines to the tee. Hope we all feel the same way.

Just a reminder to TS dad and everyone else. *People don't always know when you're kidding so please never promote illegal activity on these boards.
Thank you,
Troutfan

johnbfishin
03-26-2007, 02:04 PM
It's all good T s dad, sometimes misunderstandings arise, we sort it out and move on. 8-)

FISHNJIM
03-28-2007, 04:55 PM
Id like to make the ride up from the Turlock area and fish Beardsley.. Never been there before.. Need some help from anyone willing to offer. Anything from What the best route there to what to use while trolling from a boat.. I understand its a long ride, definitely want to make it worth it....

Thanks

Fish N Jim

T_s_dad
03-28-2007, 05:08 PM
Beardsley is real easy to find. Just head north on Hwy. 99 to Hwy. 120 to Hwy. 108. About 5 miles past Strawberry in Beardsley road. Make the left and it will take you right over the damm. It drops deep into the canyon so if you are still going down hill you are not there yet.

The fishing was very good last weekend but I think the road is snowed in right now. Check it out before the drive. The launch is a bit tricky right now. Shouldn't try without a 4x4.

I fished the top 20-25 feet but most fish were caught on the surface. My gold and red kastmaster cought more than 1/2 of the 18 fish I caught and RELEASED most of them (10 browns to 17" and 8 rainbows to 15"). The couple of wounded soldgers tasted great. The water was 47.0 to 48.5 deg. The other half came on a dodger with a hoochie and my rainbow trout pattern rapala. A lot of other guys were fishing with flashers and worms or wollie buggers. I enjoy fishing with less on my line while waiting for my trout.

Good luck and enjoy the senery.
John

iron-man
03-28-2007, 05:23 PM
Fishin Jim. From Patterson drive to Turlock and head for Sonora. There are many ways to get there. Thats hiway 108. . Stay on that road till you get to Strawberry, then it's just a short drive 4-5 miles to the trurn off. It's close to the Leeland Meadows turn off. You will come around a lond sweeping turn and the turn off to Beardsley will be on you left. I't about 3 miles down a steep road to the dam. Go slow and downshift cause it is steep. You can't miss the lake. Travel time about 2 hrs +. Pay attention to the others warnings.

HOOF
03-28-2007, 06:53 PM
I ended up bringing my raft w/fat trollin motor up and I only landed one fat 2#bow-(lost 5)hard to net and steer in that helasios wind.Gonna bring my normal boat next time-just had to do some recon in the raft-good times :)

FISHNJIM
03-28-2007, 08:17 PM
Hey fellas... since the lauch is tricky right now, would it be better to wait a couple weeks?? I dont have a 4wd either.. Dont want any complications. Will lead core line help there?

Flycanoe
03-28-2007, 08:45 PM
The launch ramp as on 3/17 was way out of the water and you have to snake your way down to the lake, so 4wd is advised. *I doubt the lake has climbed all that much since.

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n59/ldorius/Beardsley/IMG_2012.jpg

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n59/ldorius/Beardsley/IMG_2010.jpg

HOOF
03-28-2007, 09:19 PM
do not try without 4x4

FISHNJIM
03-29-2007, 09:38 AM
WOW... Those pictures really help.. Looks like it will be a while before it will come up. I guess in the mean time I can continue to do my homework. I like to learn as much as possible about a lake before I fish it.. Does anybody mind if I PM for any helpful secrets..??