PDA

View Full Version : Lower Sacramento River, Red Bluff?Redding?

01bansheefox
03-23-2007, 01:11 PM
I keep hearing about the fishing in between red bluff and redding in the sac river. Anyone know of the exact location so I can maybe take a trip up there?

ifish4fun
03-23-2007, 02:40 PM
Anderson to red bluff is generally hot. I use a guide when i go there its a blast.

Reddingfisherman
03-23-2007, 02:51 PM
I'm guessing that you are reading the guides' reports. And, yes, the trout fishing is wide open most days. I've been going out every other week and if the weather cooperates (trout don't seem to like the front end of a low pressure system), you can catch and release a bunch of trout. Pressue is pretty low except for the drift boats between Redding and Anderson. The days that I've gone out, I see 1 or 2 other jet boats out there.

That's the good news. The bad news is that you need a jet boat to get in on the party. There is limited bank access from the BLM land in the Bend Area above Red Bluff and around the ramps. I've also seen some folks dunking night crawlers at Reading Island just below Ball's Ferry Bridge in Anderson (http://www.sacramentoriver.org/access_site.php?access_site_id=107) and pulling in a mix of mostly squawfish with a few rainbows and smallmouths also coming in.