PDA

View Full Version : Don Pedro

rockntroll
03-20-2007, 10:39 AM
Hi there, This is one of my first postings, but I have been reading the postings on this website for a while.
I am thinking about heading to Pedro this weekend , but i have never been. *Any advice? *Best place to launch out of? *Where is my best bet for some Kings and Bows?

Anything will help me make my decision. Thank you

fishnallday35
03-20-2007, 01:06 PM
I always launch at Moccasin but that's just me....Woods arm I hear was producing. The lake looked deserted last weekend.....enjoy!

rockntroll
03-20-2007, 04:04 PM
Thank you fishnallday35. Any other info would be a great help.

fishon18
03-20-2007, 04:22 PM
Night crawler,

Lake Don Pedro (the forgotten lake). There are 3 different launch ramps to choose from. Blue Oaks, Fleming and Mocassin. I usually launch at Fleming because you usually don't have to wait long, and the launching facilities are great.

If targeting the King's and launching from Blue Oak or Fleming, make your way towards the dam, and try rolling shad behind a set of ball trolls or try running the Stingking lures smothered in your favorite Pro Cure scent. The depth will vary pending on the time of year, but I was there a few weeks back and caught a few around the 30-50' range. Don't be surprised if you hook into quality Rainbow's or even a Kokanee too! Keep us posted on how you do. Hope this helps. Take care Scott ;D

rockntroll
03-20-2007, 05:03 PM
fishon18,

Thank you for the info. I will be targeting the kings, but I really want to check this lake out. I do a lot of fishing at melones, but it has been pretty hard fishin there in the last week.
I will keep you posted.

Scalawag
03-20-2007, 06:47 PM
I was there Thursday through Sunday last week. Pretty good king fishing up in Woods Creek about 1/2 mile past the 5mph bouys. Rolled shad at 15-35ft (it was only around 40 feet deep where we fished), 1.5 to 1.8mph. Look for the balls of shad on your sonar and concentrate on those areas.

Great crappie fishing at night under the lights on 1/64oz. jig heads with powerbait tubes in white and pink/white sparkle.

Good luck.

Bill

rockntroll
03-20-2007, 08:38 PM
Thank you to everyone who has replied. Keep them coming though.