PDA

View Full Version : rancho seco

camo_greg
03-08-2007, 04:05 PM
has any sniffer ever won the tournament? I was wondering who was going to go to seco this weekend? where do you get wooly booger flys and what is the best thing to use at rancho seco when fishing from a boat? any info will help and might see some of you out there

fishnagain
03-09-2007, 09:00 PM
Went today, 3 fish stringer @ 9.5 lbs and they hadn't planted as of 4:00 pm. Saw a lot of fish within sight of shore 12-16". I used a rainbow powerbait with "glitter". Beat the HELL out of working today!!!! :)

JAm

atavuss
03-10-2007, 07:26 AM
has any sniffer ever won the tournament? I was wondering who was going to go to seco this weekend? where do you get wooly booger flys and what is the best thing to use at rancho seco when fishing from a boat? any info will help and might see some of you out there

fisherman's warehouse, fisherman's friend in Lodi, outdoor sportsman in stockton, sportsman's warehouse in Rocklin all have wooly buggers.

Trygve
03-10-2007, 03:43 PM
I went this morning with my 5 year old daughter. Lots of people, but the fish were almost non-existent. I was down by the south end of the lake. In the 4 hours I was there, only one person caught a fish in that stretch of the lake. I heard that it wasn't much better anyplace else.

There were a few people who caught a couple very early in the morning.

fish_feeder32
03-10-2007, 04:58 PM
are gas powered motors allowed in that lake. and how much does it cost to for a day and a boat at that lake.

alfredo
03-10-2007, 05:08 PM
I went today also. Launched my kayak around 9am and paddled around the lake. Then spent most of my time at the north east end. I didn't catch anything and I didn't see anyone catch a fish.

It was a nice day on the water. Good to see lots of kids fishing.

freon
03-10-2007, 05:28 PM
Since they are planting amador strain cutbows in there, fish the top of the water, use grubs, especially pearl and a boat is the way to go. No gas motors allowed period :-/ I sure do wish they would allow them on the boat but not to be used.
Myself and my daughter have each taken second there and another sniffer I know of took first last year or the year before. Hope that helps.

campngolf
03-10-2007, 06:49 PM
Me and my boys had the yak out there today and came home with a whole bunch of skunk. *>:( We were there from about 9:00 til 1:00 and didn't see any fish caught. The wind was a little tough for paddling at times, but otherwise, the weather was georgeous.

gasman
03-10-2007, 07:43 PM
never fished there, i deliver hydrogen to the powr plant next door. is this lake worth the drive from antioch? it looks nice. is there an issue from the old nuke plant?

hunkfisher
03-10-2007, 09:12 PM
Like freon said amador strain fish on top and close to shore use wooly buggers and various jig colors try salmon flavored powerbait just a thought..... ;)

Brad "Hunkfisher"

[smiley=swimmingfish.gif]