PDA

View Full Version : Melones  3/09

iron-man
03-09-2007, 08:30 PM
Oxbow and I, on the water by 7:30. Fished Rose Island to the South and above 49er bridge. 12 in the boat 2 ldrs. Kept 7 ,biggest was 2.14 the smallest a dink and the rest in between. Leaded line , flashers and worms, a shad colored needle fish, dodger and worms .From surface to 20 ft. The day was near perfect, a little windy and cold to start. I told Oxbow , no more taking his clothes on the dock and swiming naked around the boat. Must have shook him up pretty bad as he forgot to put his poles in the boat. As we were about to leave the dock I asked him if he planned on fishing today? He looks at me kind of dumbfounded and quickly searches for his poles. They were still in the pick-up. After a swift retreve of his poles we were off. Larry caught, the biggest, the smallest, and the most fish today. Not bad considering how it started. Off the water by 2:30-3:00. Another great day on the water with A master. iron-man

Ironhead
03-09-2007, 08:53 PM
Iron-man,

You should know that is the only way to out fish the master, don't give him any poles. You caved in and look what happened.

Good job out there guys. I was wondering about the weather when it looked overcast and cool. Glad Oxbow stayed dry and did not resort to any flips.

Sounds like a good time and you scored some decent fish.

Ironhead

AllFishNoWork
03-09-2007, 09:06 PM
Nice work gentlemen!