PDA

View Full Version : pyramid 3/6

okie
03-06-2007, 07:56 PM
lake was like glass all day, fishing reeaaal slow, caught 3, 15, 18 and 21"s. several other boats reported 2 to 5 fish, mostly slots.

Pyramid_Kid
03-06-2007, 08:11 PM
Okie do you own a grey smoker craft with black stars on it. And were you down in the area of Block house today?

fernley_tim
03-06-2007, 08:36 PM
okie it was slow for me today also ;) I came back from sturgeon/ striper fishing in the delta this morning and had to get the skunk off the boat. almost did not happen ::) only caught two 21" and 23" pyramid kid saw a smoker craft with stars did not no who it was :-[ I am going to take trout shark out in the morning on the north end we will post report when done. Tim

Pyramid_Kid
03-06-2007, 09:12 PM
Was that you Tim???? My apologies. I also saw I want to say Mr. Ed in his new used boat while I was at Block house today

lemonsp
03-06-2007, 09:13 PM
Hey PK. Did you launch down at blockhouse or at pelican. I was fly fishing from my pontoon near pelican. Just hoping to meet a few folks who is interested in hooking up sometime. Much more fun to fish with friends than alone.

Pyramid_Kid
03-06-2007, 09:22 PM
Patrick L,

No I dont launch my boat anywhere other than improved boat launches. And Block house doesnt have a launch and Pelican is pushing it on the improved part. I didnt take the boat out today. I went to Block House with my younger brother just to fish and visit. He had to work later on that after noon so he didnt think it would be a good idea to drag the boat out for only a couple of hours.

lemonsp
03-06-2007, 09:23 PM
Yeah I hear ya. I left work today at 3pm to get in some fishing. Wasn't worth hauling the boat so I grabbed my fly rod and my inflatable pontoon. Did you guys do any good? I hear it has been pretty good down south.

fernley_tim
03-06-2007, 09:26 PM
that was probably me 20' gregor center console I dont know who was in the smoker craft

Pyramid_Kid
03-06-2007, 09:30 PM
Patrick,

Naw we got skunked. The only thing I caught was a sun burn.

lemonsp
03-06-2007, 09:32 PM
First one of the year. Can't complain about a day like today. It was amzing out there but it sure made for tough fishing.

okie
03-07-2007, 06:29 AM
patrick l, was that you just to the right of the docks fly fishing? if you are in that area and see me you are welcome to join me, i have a green f150 w/matching shell and green crestliner. i always have 1 rider with me but have had 2 alot of times. i dont take my boat there alone (old lady working to pay the bills made that decision) but if i know someone is going to be there that needs a ride, if i can make it i'll be happy to meet at pelican

okie
03-07-2007, 06:36 AM
pk, i have a crestliner. when i launched around 1030 yesterday they were working on the docks. when i came off the water about 4.30 they had finished the starboard side ramp. looks real good has new bumpers. they had it completely out of the water and i think they replaced the boards under the bumpers. it would really be nice if they would fix the ramp at crosbys.

Mako
03-07-2007, 08:30 AM
awsome, I'm glad they are putting a little effort into the dock's

Pyramid_Kid
03-07-2007, 09:22 AM
yesterday they were working on the docks. when i came off the water about 4.30 they had finished the starboard side ramp. looks real good has new bumpers. they had it completely out of the water and i think they replaced the boards under the bumpers

Your absolutely right its about time. But they are probably getting ready for summer. *I inquired with one of the rangers about the Suttcliff launch a while back and I guess that a sand bar has develope infront of the old launch there, that and the water level is low enough now that there is dirt below the launch area. Im not sure how long its been that way.

Big_Country
03-07-2007, 10:11 AM
What's the water temp?

lemonsp
03-07-2007, 10:47 AM
Hey Okie. *It could have been me. *I was in a bright yellow inflatable pontoon. *There as another couple guys there, one in a blue pontoon and one in a float tube. *They were doing better than I fishing right around the dock. *

I may take you up on your offer sometime. *With the fishing picking up I am trying to get in as much as I can. *Amazingly it is harder than you would think to get my buddies to go. *Anyway thanks for the offer.