View Full Version : Fishing pardee tips on bait

bennyfisher
02-28-2007, 02:08 PM
Going to fish at pardee this weekend i will be fishen from the shore
what kind if bait or lures would any one advise me to use this weekend
any tips would be help full. 8-)

cgagex3
02-28-2007, 02:13 PM
Best luck for me with olive or black wooly bugger on clear filled water bobber. Also seen people have success with kastmasters of various colors and inflated crawlers on the bottom.
I caught 3 nice 3 - 4 lb fish last weekend all on olive.
I will be there Saturday. Look for the big ugly guy in the black and white jacket.
Good luck.

CG

bennyfisher
02-28-2007, 02:19 PM
Thanks Cgagex3 for the tips. I dont have any castmasters
can I get them at walmart 8-)

jglunt
02-28-2007, 03:28 PM
yes you can get kastmasters at walmart - i had luck with blue/silver ones last time i was there

vietthug559
02-28-2007, 03:45 PM
kastmasters are alot cheaper at fisherman's warehouse than wal mart..if you have one

bennyfisher
02-28-2007, 04:00 PM
Thanks for the tips guys i will head out to the store for some to night now should I reel these fast for top water or slow for some depth.
thanks from bennyfisher 8-)

BrownMeat
02-28-2007, 06:16 PM
Wal-Mart has the cheap versions of Kastmasters- they are the 1/4 oz I think Gold/Silver/Blue wth Silver They are in a blue package...

i think they are 3.83 for a set of 3.

But they also have regular Kastmasters if you don't want the cheapies

cgagex3
02-28-2007, 07:33 PM
Fast or slow, the best spot is on the canal around the island next to the marina. You can get the olive wooly bugger for .75 to 1.50 and a clear bobber for a buck or so. Search for earlier post on "bugger setup" from a couple of days ago. Fill the bobber so it sink, slow retreive and bam, you will knock 'em dead.

Han_Solo
02-28-2007, 08:45 PM
Benny,
Listen to cgagex3, i got my first trout from the setup he recommended. Another good bait/lures are power worms. The day I went, last sunday, the only thing the trout were hitting were pink powerworms and buggers. Hope this helps. Tell us how it goes for you.

vlad
02-28-2007, 11:54 PM
Black and olive wooly buggers worked for me last Saturday, as well as chart. power worms and black marabou jigs. All under a small bobber or a clear plastic bubble. Saw a couple of fish caught on kastmasters. No action on powerbait.
Good luck! ;)

bennyfisher
03-01-2007, 12:29 PM
Well I hope to land some fish this weekend with all the tips I have recived. thanks bennyfisher ;D

backbrace17
03-01-2007, 04:29 PM
I also braved the cold & rain last Sunday for limits off the ramp. Bobblegum pink power worm/clear bobber 10 feet in front of the no fishing sign was the area.

Good luck

Benny,
Listen to cgagex3, i got my first trout from the setup he recommended. Another good bait/lures are power worms. The day I went, last sunday, the only thing the trout were hitting were pink powerworms and buggers. Hope this helps. Tell us how it goes for you.

Han_Solo
03-01-2007, 11:21 PM
Hey back, I was the guy using wooly buggers. I believe i was the only one using buggers as lure. might go back there this weekend. I'll see what develops.