PDA

View Full Version : Camanche/ My best fish/Limit 2/24

kokemachine83
02-25-2007, 09:39 AM
Started out around BIG hat island. I had my Daughter and her boyfriend with me. Pretty calm water at first, then the wind came up later. Caught all the fish on top. Put lures back 175' and 200'. Didn't even put a rigger in the water. Just fish with two poles. To rough for planner boards. We left big hat island and started towards the darn and picked a couple fish. Just when we got passed the spillway and started to turn around, The BIG one grab my Blue/silver Rapala. I smeared pro-cure shad jell on it. It ripped off about 50' of line before i could slow it down. Then as it gets to the net i said, Holly S##T!!! I then put it on my scale it first read, 8.2 then 7.12lbs. I knew it was BIG. We caught a total of 7 fish. The single big fish weighed 7lbs 15oz. The biggest five fish weighed 20lbs 11oz. The total of all 7 weighed 25lbs 13oz. Lures of choice were, Blue/silver rapala, Red/black dots Apex, clear Red Apex, Orange 3" Grub. (Koke Machine)...

7 lb., 15 oz. trout....
http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/514/Camanche_Trout_022407_Big_Trout_Resize.jpg

20 lb., 11 oz. stringer...
http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/514/Camanche_Trout_022407_Stringer_Resize.jpg

Fishing_Fanatic
02-25-2007, 10:06 AM
WoW!! beautiful fish!!!

do you think the 7+ # fish was a holdover? (multi-year)?

What is the largest size trout they plant at Camanche?

congrats again!!

Ironhead
02-25-2007, 10:06 AM
Robbie,

Great job on your personal best stringer. That monster in the middle sure outshines the the others(and they are huge). Need to try that lake sometime.

Ironhead

troutfan
02-25-2007, 10:08 AM
That's a nice stringer of big trout. Thanks for the report.

kokemachine83
02-25-2007, 10:11 AM
Fishing Fanatic, I think that the big one was a recent plant. His tail was a little banged up from the tanks. I have heard of some caught in the teens in the lake.

Big_D
02-25-2007, 10:27 AM
KM,

Nice looking Brag Stick!

That Beast in the middle is worth the price of admission alone!

Camanche is a little more challange than Amador with more elbow room and just as nice size fish.
Something tells me your photo's and post might put a little more pressure on Camanche :)

Nice work!

Big D

ol_dude
02-25-2007, 10:36 AM
Woooo Hoooo... Nice stringer....

FishWisher
02-25-2007, 10:42 AM
WOW! The place is hot right now - congratulations! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

That 8 pounder is really something special! But couldn't you have waited a least a week to steal the spotlight from my 6 pounder on Friday?! ;D

Friday it was just flat calm and beautiful on Camanche. Glad we missed the wind that you braved.

Congratulations again!

Dale

kokemachine83
02-25-2007, 10:43 AM
Big D, Yes there are some brutes in that lake, Way Way more room. Never did get close to any one. Cost was $24 for two of us to fish. I hear it's about $32 for two to fish with a boat at Amador. I'll take the less amout and have lots more room.

camotracker
02-25-2007, 10:47 AM
hey km nice job man. that is a nice stringer of. ;) it makes the day even better when you hook on a hog like that. 8-) :o
LEO"CAMOTRACKER"

Fish_Bully
02-25-2007, 11:40 AM
Holy S##T is what I would say too! Right on with the right on Robbie. Thanks for the great report.

Flip

tortuga
02-25-2007, 03:08 PM
Robbie you are my hero. I've never fished Camanche and right now looking at those pictures I am sure wondering why not. I guess now I have another trip to plan. I live in Sonora...heck its almost a local lake.
Tortuga

Katch
02-25-2007, 04:02 PM
Very nice fish! I've never pulled anything close to that size out of Camanche, congrats.

vvbob
02-25-2007, 04:27 PM
WOW.....Nice stringer Koke Machine.
I can only imagine your thoughts when that brute was ripping off line, & then when you got your first look at it [smiley=yikes.gif]

Fishbrain
02-25-2007, 05:09 PM
Sorry for the late post... I was at Camanche on Saturday too. Spoke to Coke Machine on the radio. Gee, he sounded happy... We got off the water about the same time and he showed me his football-sized fish at the boat ramp.

It was my first time there and I wasn't sure what to expect. Believe it, or not, my wife insisted we try something new instead of going to Amador. Reluctantly, I went along with her plan.

We caught three nice trout from 2 to 3.5 lbs. Two on top near Hat Island (Rapala F-7 Firetiger & Rapala F-7 Vampire) and one near the spillway off the rigger about 10 feet down (Rapala f-5 Red/Gold).

The day was all about teaching my crew (two ladies); knot tieing, netting technique, downrigger set-up, etc. And, of course, my wife outfished me again...

It was a great day learning a lake new to me.

kokemachine83
02-25-2007, 05:14 PM
Fishbrain, good to talk to you at the ramp. You will do great up there at the lake. Now you know all the good spots. Hope to see you up there again some time soon. Will fish that lake until the kokes start up. Good luck. Robbie (Koke Machine)...

kokoloco
02-25-2007, 06:26 PM
WOW!!! * What a hog. *I thought the 6 pounder last week was the limit but I was wrong [smiley=bananachaga.gif] *I was going to Camanche on Monday but the weather is going to force me into Thursday. *I hope some big ones are left.... ;D *Nice stringer and great report.

Sam

fish_junky
02-26-2007, 06:48 AM
Awsome fish Robbie, I've hooked into alot of those fish over the years but never landed one. I am glad you did. I had plans to head there last Saturday but work called me and sayed they really really needed me. :( Great Job and hope to see you there soon. :)

Munnster
02-26-2007, 07:10 AM
Hey Rob nice report. Camanche is always good this time of year. Could be my next stop.

Fisher-Munn

JusTrollin
02-26-2007, 01:45 PM
Nice fish Robbie

kokemachine83
02-26-2007, 05:18 PM
Thanks for the kind words everyone!!! Maybe again next weekend?

hunkfisher
02-28-2007, 09:34 AM
Awesome fish Koke, thats a great lake out there just like pardee and its a heck of a lot cheaper than amador, work a lil harder but worth it. I have been there at times when it only took us an hour to catch our limit of sizeable fish. Great looking fish way to go.

Brad "Hunkfisher"

[smiley=swimmingfish.gif]

JPFX
02-28-2007, 10:03 AM
I was reading an article in the archives from 2001 that Dan Bacher wrote. He went out to Camanche in March 2001 and caught 8 king Salmon. It also mentions something about kokanee's, although not planted anymore. Currently there are no kings or kok's in that lake correct? I know it's a little off topic...sorry.

fishnmike2002
02-28-2007, 11:50 AM
There are a few remanant fish. I know guide Bruce Hamby has caught a few kings, maybe one a year. There are a few kokes in there two, probably come down from Pardee, they do get large though since they have little competition. However the best time to go for kokes would be summer and you don't want to be on Commanche in summer.

FishnMike

fish_junky
02-28-2007, 12:05 PM
JPFX, About two months ago Mr P was with me and caught a 8 inch kokanee out in front of South Shore.

c-swirl-sean
02-28-2007, 04:37 PM
Killer fish, way to go! Thanks for the Lure breakdown.

kokemachine83
02-28-2007, 06:41 PM
I don't remember what year it was, but they did put Kings in Lake Camanche. It just never worked out.

I believe it was 2000 or 2001 we got some really nice Kokes out of Camanche. Over 2lbs. I think the winter of "97" when we had the floods, bunch of kokes came over from Pardee. I wish they would put a small amout of kokes in that lake.