PDA

View Full Version : Crab is open

Fort_Bragger
10-31-2008, 03:39 PM
*The California DFG website made it official. *Crab season opens tomorrow instead of the end of the month. *I had read rumors that it was going to happen, and now it's a fact. *Pretty sloppy forecast until the end of next week. *They're going to let us sport guys get a jump on the commercial crabbers. It's about time we get a bone [smiley=odie.gif] thrown our way. *I'll probably toss the pots out as soon as conditions allow. *I still have a few Ab's to punch too. *There may even be enough rain coming to fish the streams between Fort Bragg and Point Arena for Steelhead...Ben *

aledwards
10-31-2008, 07:55 PM
Good to hear you got something going up there. Weather is OK to run gear down here this weekend in a heavy boat. Good Luck Ben - Al

Bakkie
10-31-2008, 10:14 PM
where do you dive? I went to pedottis yesterday and it was picked clean, I was there last year, and the abalone were stacked up. I was thinking about going to Jack peters before the season ends, my uncle is still gettin' some up there.

Fort_Bragger
11-01-2008, 07:21 AM
where do you dive? I went to pedottis yesterday and it was picked clean, I was there last year, and the abalone were stacked up. I was thinking about going to Jack peters before the season ends, my uncle is still gettin' some up there.

* I'm not sure where that is. *Since I'll be in the boat, I'll take my gear along and dive somewhere virgin to me. Maybe up to the Lost Coast. *Nobody ever dives there. *I like diving in new spots. This time of year is also Great White Season, so stay away from the seals.