PDA

View Full Version : Camanche Trout

anglinfool
02-02-2007, 03:22 PM
Anyone been to Camanche lately with info to share? I'll be out tomorrow banking it early in the AM.

uncle_dean
02-02-2007, 06:33 PM
check my comments went 1 31 o7 back 1 page uncle dean

TG
02-10-2007, 11:14 PM
I fished that lakes some years back. I caught some nice big football sized rainbows, but later in the warmer months, they have some weird sores on them, kind of nasty. Does anyone know what causes this? Is it a parasite from the water being too warm?

TS5655
02-11-2007, 06:20 PM
I've never fished there. Is it better from shore or from boat?

fish_junky
02-11-2007, 06:44 PM
Mr P was there last Saturday and said it slowed down a lot. Also while I was at Pardee Last Saturday. I talked to a couple of trollers on Camanche on the VHF and they said it was slow.

Hajman
02-11-2007, 07:59 PM
Anglinfool,
I was out fishing the North Shore on Friday the 9th because I was told that they had stocked 1200 lbs. of trout on Thursday the 8th. *I was in a float tube and fished the coves to the right and left of the marina with no fish. *I was fly fishing as well as fishing with lures. *I didn't see any visible signs of fish or cormorants (birds that usually feed heavily on stocked trout) or others fishing the bank. *I had that feeling that it was going to be a long day and sure enough it was. *That was the first time in a long time I got skunked at Camanche. *The water temperature was pretty cold but I thought the fish would hang around for longer than a day. *If you go, hope your catch will be worth the trip. *According to A. Porray the South Pond and South Shore are to be stocked this coming week with 1800 lbs. of trout to be split between the Pond and South Shore. *Hope this helps.
Hajman

*Deltadog*
02-12-2007, 10:25 AM
I fished that lakes some years back. *I caught some nice big football sized rainbows, but later in the warmer months, they have some weird sores on them, kind of nasty. *Does anyone know what causes this? *Is it a parasite from the water being too warm?
Copepod parasites (lernia), completely harmless to you, they are completely external and fall off after fish is dead or scaled.
* *Dog

anglinfool
02-13-2007, 11:20 AM
Thanks Haj...I was out there banking it on the north shore day use point on Sat. Feb. 3rd and was skunked--only my second time in as many years. Only one fish caught on PB of the 13 anglers in the area. I want to hit the lake a few more times before the thermocline forms in spring.

By chance, were you float tubing it on the 3rd? I saw a guy doing the same.

Hajman
02-13-2007, 04:10 PM
Anglinfool,

No it wasn't me float tubing on the 3rd. This was the 2nd time fishing the North Shore. I fish the South Pond the most. I just retired in June of 06 and fishing during the week days are unbelievable! I try to fish during the week days and let those that work have it on the weekends. I will probably fish the South Pond some time this week. Take care.

Hajman

salmonkng
02-13-2007, 08:09 PM
hey i always get limits on the south shore trout pond out on my float tube or from the bank from the bank try "white power eggs" set up on like a striper rig with lighter wait of course!! :-?

kokoloco
02-13-2007, 08:36 PM
I fished that lakes some years back. *I caught some nice big football sized rainbows, but later in the warmer months, they have some weird sores on them, kind of nasty. *Does anyone know what causes this? *Is it a parasite from the water being too warm?
Hematodes, completely harmless to you, they are completely external and fall off after fish is dead or scaled.
* *Dog
Are they like copods that you find in Berryessa? *They look like hell (copods) but don't effect the fish as far as eating it. They look like little translucent, orange colored appendages all over the fish. *Kinda like a furry trout. :-/*